Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #1

What a surprise! - Can we be friends?
Lens: Nikkor 55-200 Camera: Nikon D60 

Well, this picture is as original, as it is. No finishing at all. (Just to clear up any doubts.)
We were in the garden, and suddenly a butterfly came around us. She was just flying over us again and again, like she wanted to play with us. After a few rounds she decided by my daughter.
Her decision is not a surprise, as I am a big and hairy man, and has nothing to do with flowers… My daughter is called Viola, which (in Hungarian) is a flower name too.
The butterfly (Vanessa Atalanta) flew to the hand of my daughter, and all I had to do is to shoot some pictures with my camera hanging from my neck.
(No, it is not a creative picture in respect of art, but definitely I had the camera right on the spot with me. Grandma still says it must have been a miracle. She did not believe for long the picture was reality, not manipulation.)
And indeed, they became friends. In the afternoons the butterfly came back to Viola, and they were both happy for having a date. But nothing lasts forever: the butterfly disappeared after a few days, and though my daughter was disappointed for loosing her friend, but she was also proud she has been photographed with the butterfly.

Attached Images

05-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by PEsTAX Quote
Well, this picture is as original, as it is. No finishing at all. (Just to clear up any doubts.)
We were in the garden, and suddenly a butterfly came around us. She was just flying over us again and again, like she wanted to play with us. After a few rounds she decided by my daughter.
Her decision is not a surprise, as I am a big and hairy man, and has nothing to do with flowers… My daughter is called Viola, which (in Hungarian) is a flower name too.
The butterfly (Vanessa Atalanta) flew to the hand of my daughter, and all I had to do is to shoot some pictures with my camera hanging from my neck.
(No, it is not a creative picture in respect of art, but definitely I had the camera right on the spot with me. Grandma still says it must have been a miracle. She did not believe for long the picture was reality, not manipulation.)
And indeed, they became friends. In the afternoons the butterfly came back to Viola, and they were both happy for having a date. But nothing lasts forever: the butterfly disappeared after a few days, and though my daughter was disappointed for loosing her friend, but she was also proud she has been photographed with the butterfly.
Perfect composition and pose! Amazing photo for no PP (yes, it is possible). Thank you for the endearing story of their relationship. You are forgiven for not using a Pentax for this-LOL.
05-29-2014, 11:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
Nikon - Pentax

Thank you for your kind words.
In fact this picture is something 5 yrs. old now. Since then I changed to Pentax, though my small Nikon collection of gear is also kept (and used by my wife). :-)
05-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wonderful moment captured. Nominated.

05-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #5

Original Poster
Maybe I should say thank you for the nomination. (Thank you! :-) ).
But I am rather happy that this image touched you.
:-)
05-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
Forum Member

Beautifull shot!
06-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #7

I nominate this image

06-02-2014, 03:07 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very sweet moment! I nominate this for capturing something magical - and I love the detail that her dress in embroidered with the word "Surprise!" - funny world!