Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2014, 01:31 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-3 Photo Contest: Finalist Selection Procedure

As the first phase of our K-3 photo contest slowly draws to an end, soon it will be time for us to announce the finalists.

As a reminder, there will be 128 finalists: 64 chosen by our judges, and 64 chosen by our members through nominations.

To nominate a photo to be a finalist, simply comment on it and state why you nominate it.

Use the special contest gallery page to browse all the submissions and quickly leave a comment:
K-3 Photo Contest Gallery View - PentaxForums.com

Since we had such a big turnout, I will dedicate 3 full days for nominations, though June 3rd. The contest closes to submissions at the end of the day on May 31st, and finalists will be announced on June 4th, 2014.

I'd like to wish everyone who entered good luck!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You got a big job there:-) There is a lot of fantastic good photos in the contest!
Good luck to you too.
06-01-2014, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can you please clear up a bit of confusion on my part Adam?

Are the 64 member chosen entries based on the number of nominations per picture?

i.e. if a picture has 50 nominations it will rank higher than one with 2 nominations or in other words the 64 entries will be selected based on the number of nominations per photo.

I'm not sure I fully understand how the member selection process works.

Thanks.
06-01-2014, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
Can you please clear up a bit of confusion on my part Adam?

Are the 64 member chosen entries based on the number of nominations per picture?

i.e. if a picture has 50 nominations it will rank higher than one with 2 nominations or in other words the 64 entries will be selected based on the number of nominations per photo.

I'm not sure I fully understand how the member selection process works.

Thanks.
You've got it right. However, the judges reserve the right to review the photos and assign more weight to nominations from senior forum members, etc.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Since we had such a big turnout, I will dedicate 3 full days for nominations. The contest closes to submissions at the end of the day on May 31st, and finalists will be announced on June 4th, 2014.
I noticed there are still some nominations being given - what is the final date after which no nomination would count ? Sorry if I didn't get it the first time - just wanted to clarify whether I still can nominate something or not ? Cheers!
' >' manntax
06-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
I noticed there are still some nominations being given - what is the final date after which no nomination would count ? Sorry if I didn't get it the first time - just wanted to clarify whether I still can nominate something or not ? Cheers!
' >' manntax
June 4th.

Adam

06-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

June 4th.
Great, all clear
' >' manntax
06-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #8

I am confused about the nomination process. First, how to you "like" a picture? Second, there were a couple of photos I liked but thought needed improvement and left suggestions but did not nominate. Are they automatically nominated because I left a post? Are "like"s counted because there are many I like but do not understand how to "like"?

06-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
To nominate a photo to be a finalist, simply comment on it and state why you nominate it.
QuoteOriginally posted by northstarimage Quote
I am confused about the nomination process. First, how to you "like" a picture? Second, there were a couple of photos I liked but thought needed improvement and left suggestions but did not nominate. Are they automatically nominated because I left a post? Are "like"s counted because there are many I like but do not understand how to "like"?
You have to state that you nominate the photo, comments don't count as a nomination.

Adam

06-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by northstarimage Quote
To nominate the photo you need only write so, e.g. "I nominate this shot' or 'I vote up this shot' or similar - if you only liked it or gave suggestions or otherwise commented , it doesn't count as a nomination. Ton nominate you have to be clear about it. Hope it helps
' >' manntax

---------- Post added 06-02-14 at 07:35 AM ----------

He he Adam was up and running ( and faster with his comment ) :P
06-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

people started nominating photos well before the submission due date... do those count? really they shouldn't, because that gives people who entered earliest a huge advantage.
06-03-2014, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #12

As the first phase of our K-3 photo contest slowly draws to an end, soon it will be time for us to announce the finalists.

As a reminder, there will be 128 finalists: 64 chosen by our judges, and 64 chosen by our members through nominations.

Use the special contest gallery page to browse all the submissions and quickly leave a comment:
K-3 Photo Contest Gallery View - PentaxForums.com

Since we had such a big turnout, I will dedicate 3 full days for nominations, though June 3rd. The contest closes to submissions at the end of the day on May 31st, and finalists will be announced on June 4th, 2014.

I'd like to wish everyone who entered good luck!
Great photo contest. I cant believe the amount of great photos. Id be one stressed judge, too many great images to choose from!
06-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
people started nominating photos well before the submission due date... do those count? really they shouldn't, because that gives people who entered earliest a huge advantage.
Yes, they do count.

Adam

06-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #14
Pentaxian

I saw that some photos were nominated, so I figured they were "in", and did not add my nomination. I did finally nominate one, and I'm sure it will win...maybe.
Closed Thread
« 8 | portrait »