Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
06-05-2014, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I think you may have missed Adam's first post on the subject back at the start of April which clearly set out the form of the competition!!
Talks about multiple rounds, not multiple entries. Still, doesn't matter :-) Is the cheese thread still going?

06-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #47
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
To be clear: in rounds 2 and 3 you need take photos Sorry if this wasn't made clear in the original post.

QuoteQuote:
Round 2 will be announced alongside the 128 finalists from round 1. The format of round 2 will be similar to our monthly photo contests: there will be a special theme and all photos will have to be taken specifically for this competition.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Congrats to all the finalists, seeing all these amazing photos makes me realize I have a lot of work to do.
06-06-2014, 01:38 AM   #49
Veteran Member

A photo contest that gets people out taking photos. In my book that is rather the point of owning a camera so I can't see what all the fuss is about. Great idea and good luck to all.

06-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Whoa. Just got here. Thanks adam and all of everyone who let me in The next one is decidedly tougher - lol - i've never done an abstract before. And thanks for the PDF, nass!

---------- Post added 06-06-2014 at 11:15 PM ----------

Question : Does the picture has to be an abstract? >_< Or did I just thought so because the link says abstract? Like, can i interpret red reflection as , uh, a portrait of someone?
06-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #51
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
As long as your photo fits the theme and you can make a connection, you're good

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-07-2014, 05:29 AM   #52
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lots of HDR fans on this forum, as there were several of those images that made the cut.

06-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #53

Hey, adam does the photo have to be taken right after the announcement of round 2(or june)or can it be a photo taken during round 1(end of may)?? because i took alot of photos a couple days before the end of round 1 just in case and a couple actually fit the theme for round 2..i just wanted to know before i enter the my photo. it might help to consider some of the ones i took during round 1 ,thanks
06-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #54
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ILLmatic173 Quote
Hey, adam does the photo have to be taken right after the announcement of round 2(or june)or can it be a photo taken during round 1(end of may)?? because i took alot of photos a couple days before the end of round 1 just in case and a couple actually fit the theme for round 2..i just wanted to know before i enter the my photo. it might help to consider some of the ones i took during round 1 ,thanks
They have to be taken on or after the day this thread was started - June 4th in most time zones.

Adam

06-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #55
Veteran Member

wager on lots of firework images in round 2

Good Luck people
06-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #56

Photos: Albums
Is it possible to put the round two photos in a separate sub-directory?
06-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #57
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Powerstroke 7.3 Quote
Is it possible to put the round two photos in a separate sub-directory?
They'll be put on a single page once it's time to vote. If you want to sort the threads by when they were started, click on "thread filtering options" at the top of this forum, then select no prefix and "by thread start date" descending.

Adam

06-16-2014, 04:30 AM   #58

So excited about this

Just a question: is nude or transparencies allowed in the 2nd round?
06-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #59
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Migno Quote
Just a question: is nude or transparencies allowed in the 2nd round?
Yes, but make sure it's in good taste. After all, members will be voting for the winners this round

Adam

06-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #60
Pentaxian

What size do the images need to be?

Is it 1024px at the longest size?

It would be good if there were a standard size to achieve uniform viewing conditions.
Closed Thread