Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-04-2014, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-3 contest round 2: Cold Reflections
Lens: Sigma 17-70 Camera: K5 IIs 

I have been wanting to shoot this location for probably almost 3 years. It's just that the elements weren't right.
Winter has started in Australia and I woke up early in the morning and noticed that the fog was very thick. I drove straight to this spot and it did not disappoint.
To get this kind of shot on this location requires several very important elements:

1. I needed something that would obscure the background because the trees are actually very distracting. The fog was a perfect cover.
2. It has to be high tide otherwise the river will be very murky.
3. The tide must not be changing otherwise there will be nasty ripples from the changing current.
4. Long exposure is not an option because the bridge where I was shooting from undulates every time vehicles pass by.

I got everything I needed on that day and all that's left was for me to execute the shot. I took about 10 frames on this spot and then I headed home.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
boat, bridge, contest, elements, fog, giveaway, high key, k-3 contest round, location, pentax k-3 contest, photo, river, shot, silhouette, spot, tide