Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #46
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the info. But your flickr isn't registering your EXIF data all I can see to view are sizes and view as a slideshow.

I tried the 150 once before but sold it because with my previous Sigma 70-300mm was quite too heavy and I couldn't hold the lens, camera and Raynox still. My Pentax 50-200mm is a lot lighter, it is also the WR version. I hoping since it is a lot lighter than my other Sigma, I can use it again. I sold the DCR-150 about two years ago, and just picked this one up a week ago. I'm anxious to see how it does. I'm planning on using it in my Single in July challenge.

f16 should give enough DOF even at 300mm but the way these adapters act, some times it's just better to back the lens off and get your deeper DOF.

Worked great for you!

06-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Thanks for the info. But your flickr isn't registering your EXIF data all I can see to view are sizes and view as a slideshow
thanks. yeah you're right.info seems to appear when im signed in but when i sign out it just disappears.it seems that its only available to me.i checked all options and privacy settings but they seem to be ok.hmm weird...

by the way,weight is not really an issue for me since 80% of the time im on a tripod.still the sigma 70-300 is a tank!!

EDIT: ok managed to fix the exif data showing.was an option in the settings somewhere that i wasnt even aware of. thanks photolady for pointing that out to me

Last edited by schnitzer79; 06-23-2014 at 12:13 AM.
06-23-2014, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I don't know how you use a tripod for macro, I tried that too but all I got was nothing. I couldn't move the tripod in or out to get focus. Most people who I've talked to say they don't use a tripod becuase they're cumbersome and not easily managed.

Yep, your EXIF data is there now.

I had to stop using my latest software because it stripped the EXIF and my copyright wouldn't show up on flickr, last photo I uploaded after using that software, I had to type the copyright info after uploading to flickr. I was using Adobe CS2. I used to like Adobe PhotoShop but that was before they started with this Suite stuff. I now use Photoshop Elements 11.
06-23-2014, 05:00 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't know how you use a tripod for macro, I tried that too but all I got was nothing. I couldn't move the tripod in or out to get focus. Most people who I've talked to say they don't use a tripod becuase they're cumbersome and not easily managed.
I was thinking about the same thing yesterday trying to move tripod for precise focus. I was thinking about electronic focus head mount for tripod, would be helpful.

06-23-2014, 05:08 AM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I was thinking about electronic focus head mount for tripod, would be helpful.
I don't see how that would help either, because that would be sort of like AF and you can not do AF for macro. It changes the whole close focus thing if you use AF for macro.
06-23-2014, 05:23 AM   #51
Pentaxian

it can be a bit of a hassle sometimes trying to move the tripod back and forth.but ive noticed i nail my shots much easier than handheld.
ive also been considering a 4 way macro slider for my tripod.will definitely make things much much easier.
06-23-2014, 06:02 AM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Some of the things I shoot the tripod wouldn't fit in amoung the bushes or wouldn't go low enough. I usually lay on my belly or sit crosslegged on the ground A tripod would just be sitting by itself all alone in the middle of the yard with me crawling around it.

The black and red bug for instance was on a leaf of a wisteria bush, I literally chased him/her around and under the leaves to get that shot and a tripod just wouldn't work in those situations.

06-23-2014, 08:08 AM   #53
Pentaxian

I don't see how that would help either, because that would be sort of like AF and you can not do AF for macro. It changes the whole close focus thing if you use AF for macro.
Nope, it will be precise movable pad with buttons (forward-back, up-down, right-left) so you can slightly move the tripod head to nail the focus very accurate while the camera is fixed on tripod, and the focus is already adjusted, but stupid spider decided to turn.
06-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #54
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I think it would have to be something that moved as fast as you could turn because bugs, spiders, etc., don't stay still.
06-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #55
Pentaxian

I think it would have to be something that moved as fast as you could turn because bugs, spiders, etc., don't stay still.
Well, jumpers can stare at the camera slightly moving around, or try to send the message "go away!" Instead of adjusting the tripod, which is a pain, I would just push the button, and tripod head can move the focusing from spider's back to head again. It's a tiny adjustment.
06-24-2014, 02:10 AM   #56
Pentaxian

bought this on ebay yesterday. hopefully it will help with those microadjustments.if not then its $20 down the drain