Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Auto Tubes

Here's a set of Pentax Auto Tubes if anyone is interested. These are hard to find. They are auto aperture, they have no A contacts, but are much better than the cheap sets found on ebay. I have this same set made by Vivitar.

http://www.keh.com/camera/Pentax-Manual-Focus-Close-up-and-Bellow-Accessorie...990123950?r=FE

05-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Dennis but the photo shows no AF contacts on them. These are not what I'm looking for because I already have a set that aren't AF.
05-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Thanks Dennis but the photo shows no AF contacts on them. These are not what I'm looking for because I already have a set that aren't AF.

No these are not AF, only auto aperture. The AF type are very expensive. My suggestion would be to get a cheap AF 2x converter and remove the glass. That is what I did. I have a Quantary 2x AF converter that I removed the glass, but I find I don't use it much because I use manual focus because it works much better for macro shooting.
05-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bluestringer Quote
I don't use it much because I use manual focus because it works much better for macro shooting.
I manual focus too, as I find it's the only way to get what you need to in Macro photography. But I don't like having to input my own aperture using the ring or the green button, I'd much rather use the wheel.