Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2014, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

I do a lot of sitting quietly and waiting for them to come to me. You'd be surprised what you'll see sitting in the grass as the insect world moves all around you.

05-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
I do a lot of sitting quietly and waiting for them to come to me. You'd be surprised what you'll see sitting in the grass as the insect world moves all around you.
Yeah - as you focus in on a small area there is usually a lot going on in there once you start to really observe!

Also, many flying and perching insects have favourite places that they come back to a few minutes after they've left because they saw you.

It's all about patience
05-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
not a macro shooter. But, I can say this: Nature tends to be cyclic, even animalŽs behaviour. So if you fin a place with an interesting specimen, lay / sit / stay still there at shooting distance. If it flies away chances are it will come back eventually. And then youŽll be part of the scenary so you wonŽt scare them. Other option is to get close very slowly, in small steps, taking care not to make noises or generate vibrations on leafs, grass, wind and not making a shadow over the animals.
Great advice there, could not agree more