Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What K mount reverse mount adapter to buy?

I'm looking for an adapter to reverse my 50mm f/2 lens on my K-5. I know there must be adapters out there, does anyone have any particular brand/store to recommend? I'm not looking for a super high quality expensive thing, just something that will do the job without costing an arm and a leg.

Thanks!

08-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

a reverse mount adapter is just a piece of metal. Just get the cheapest one you can find that doesn't have bad reviews.

Might be worth getting a 77mm one and a set of step-down rings if you plan to reverse more than one lens.
08-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Might as well get genuine Pentax, not too expensive and not hard to find:

https://www.keh.com/242924/pentax-35-manual-focus-reverse-ring-49
08-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I did get about cheapest from ebay and its fine. Anyway its only simple metal adapter ring doing and moving nothing and also without any electricity.

08-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #5

There are two types of reverse adapters. One type is the body to lens adapter - screw or k-mount on one side and a male filter thread on the other. The second type is a lens-to-lens adapter and is like a filter thread sex changer step/up down ring - with male filter threads on each end.

The genuine Pentax adapter is the first type with 49 or 52mm filter threads. These go for around $30 USD but you can find them for a lot less. 3rd party adapters may come with different diameter filter threads.

As noted before there isn't much to manufacturing these and most of the 3rd party adapters work just fine.