Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I love yongno flashes, which version should I be looking at? The ones I have been looking at was 460-465 and the 560, I did own a 560ii but had to sell it because it was for my Nikon LOL

OOO cool $8 is so in my budget, that is ordered! I did not think using the pop up flash would be a good idea, but with that, that would be perfect, thanks so much!

04-08-2015, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
... even the pop-up flash can do well for macro. Put some kind of diffusing material between flash and subject -- this can be as cheap and simple as a piece of paper with a lens-sized hole in it. My review of one such diffuser has a couple of examples.
I had to try this for myself - I did 6 sheets of tracing paper over the end of a raynox 150/250 combo on a kit 50-200. The light isn't bad at all, at both ends (ie from 1:1 to 3.45:1), especially with some alu foil over the flash making a tunnel to the paper. Very easy to make the reflected shape work nicely - the only downside I found is that the inbuilt flash has a pitifully slow recycle time and eats battery like crazy . But, something I'll definitely add to my site as a no budget DIY alternative I think. Thanks!
04-09-2015, 05:02 AM   #33
Forum Member

Original Poster
Can you please include that link of where that is at for your DYI stuff? Would love to see that.
04-09-2015, 05:14 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Will do gladly, once I write it up! But, I've thought up what I think maybe a better way of the same effect (using shapelock fwiw), so I do have a bit of experimentation and tinkering to do first I think... always the funnest bit .

04-15-2015, 06:10 AM   #35
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the help guys on the firmware, I was finally able to get it done and nothing bad happened :-) Updated to the 1.20 now

The Albinar 28mm Was a used lens, I took it apart and did not find that pin so the old owner must have took it out. So I put it back together again and tried it out.

This is the first shot I tried with this little lens I think it is right.. I am not used to using the aperture ring and I am not thinking I am using it right yet.
I am thinking I would just turn it to whatever I would normally have the F stop at on the camera

The only thing I can control right now is the shutter speed and the ISO with this lens

Right now, I am using flashlights for the light

---------- Post added 04-15-15 at 08:12 AM ----------

The only thing I could not do was focus stack it.. I took about 5 shots in different areas and my computer crashed on my while focus stacking in photoshop LOL!
This so, this is just one shot

Last edited by jgirl57; 04-15-2015 at 06:11 AM. Reason: added link
04-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is a very nice and interesting image, the light pleasantly diffused but still with shape and shadow, showing off the textures. Looks like a good choice of aperture, and I don't think this calls for focus stacking -- you have good depth of field here.
04-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #37
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks so much :-))