Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Macro lens focal length variation and FOV images to compare?

I own the DFA 100mm Macro and have used it with some success, but was wondering whether anyone had actually run across any 'tests' or comparisons of the different focal length macro lenses on the same subject?

Or does the severely narrow focused area mean its unlikely you'd see much difference around the subject?

DA 35
FA 50
FA 100
Sigma 180
FA 200 etc

Guess I'd be interested in seeing what the difference would be on the same subjects between those focal ranges - surely there'd be a pile of difference between the image from the DA35 and the FA200?

02-02-2015, 10:26 PM   #2

Original Poster
Ooh - and any note on how this compares with extension tube use of lenses would be great... Wondering if the infrequency of my macro photography use might be better served with ET rather than a dedicated lens hardly getting any use...
02-04-2015, 05:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
Bump - anyone?

Really quite interested to see something - doesnt have to be Pentax I guess, but I havent seen anything anywhere to date.