Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Are these the same lens?
Posted By: Juiceheadgorilla, 04-05-2015, 09:51 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Im looking to purchase the 100mm pentax WR DFA macro and it seems B&H photo is $150 more than amazon. Are these the same lens that amazon has for such a better price?

Pentax smc Pentax-D FA 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro Lens 21910 B&H Photo

Amazon.com : Pentax 100mm f/2.8 WR D FA smc Macro Lens for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras (Discontinued by Manufacturer) : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo
Views: 1,249
04-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, it's the same lens. Great price over at Amazon, though it looks like it's from a third-party seller (which is fine).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Maybe service is not the same. Check return policy. I don't have experience with B&H (Europe..) , but what I can tell is : amazon are very competitive and it's possible to return bad products, but they sell everything and anything and they don't know much about photography products. So, if you don't have any issue with the product, amazon is fine, otherwise, I guess B&H, SRS are better able to address technical issues.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 04-05-2015 at 10:49 PM.
04-05-2015, 11:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
amazon are very competitive and it's possible to return bad products, but they sell everything and anything and they don't know much about photography products.

I have to confirm that... I received Tamron 70-200 f2.8 from Amazon for a good price. But there was abnormal amount of dust inside the optics. Simply too much dust for a brand new lens. So I sent it back and clearly stated the reasons. Once the lens arrived back to Amazon, the stock amount changed from zero back to 1, which means that they simply put it back to stock and another guy will be disappointed soon.

04-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, it's the same lens. Great price over at Amazon, though it looks like it's from a third-party seller (which is fine).
Even cheaper in ebay from Japan:

Pentax SMC D FA Macro 100mm F2 8 WR Camera Lens Japan Model New 0027075163034 | eBay

but apparently, for warranty service it must be sent to Japan.
04-05-2015, 11:50 PM   #6

Amazon say that the lens is discontinued by manufacturer. Is it true?
04-06-2015, 12:42 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by gkey Quote
Amazon say that the lens is discontinued by manufacturer. Is it true?
No

QuoteOriginally posted by ragde Quote
Even cheaper in ebay from Japan: Pentax SMC D FA Macro 100mm F2 8 WR Camera Lens Japan Model New 0027075163034 | eBay but apparently, for warranty service it must be sent to Japan.
Right, if you don't buy from an authorized retailer in your region, you won't be entitled to warranty service. Think of it as being included in the price

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-06-2015, 06:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
I have to confirm that... I received Tamron 70-200 f2.8 from Amazon for a good price. But there was abnormal amount of dust inside the optics. Simply too much dust for a brand new lens. So I sent it back and clearly stated the reasons. Once the lens arrived back to Amazon, the stock amount changed from zero back to 1, which means that they simply put it back to stock and another guy will be disappointed soon.
Thanks. It's good to know. Some prices in Czech rep..