Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
So does Olympus. What point were you trying to make?
Not sure if you were referring to my reply or not. But I wasn't trying to make a point. Rather it was supposed to be a lighthearted comment about brands, that's all. Additionally, I mention it because I've used a Nikon microscope before with a built in camera, and it works pretty well.

02-03-2017, 05:03 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the two Wild microscopes I modified for my extreme macro set-up came with a prism mechanism to divert light to a photo column that was equipped with a self-cocking leaf shutter and a no-shutter Nikon microscope body that has an M42 lens mounting thread. I did not mount a Pentax on the rig as I figured that the multiple prisms would degrade the image compared to direct projection onto the sensor.I removed the binocular head from the microscope, removed the dovetail disk from it and epoxied that to an adapter with a male M42 thread. Then I mounted a Pentax bellows to that home-made connector. The Wild microscope focusing mechanism is a little odd. The coarse focus moves the main arm (=objectives + camera) but the fine focus moves the stage.