Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2017, 11:18 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PM Sent!

05-19-2017, 03:42 AM   #17

Original Poster
Thank you very much for all the replies!

I have a question: is the Tamron SP 272E 90mm f/2.8 AF Di Macro Canon fit adaptable to my camera? (I know this sounds as a silly question, but bear with me: I'm still new at macro photography!!)
05-19-2017, 03:48 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SilviaF Quote
Thank you very much for all the replies!

I have a question: is the Tamron SP 272E 90mm f/2.8 AF Di Macro Canon fit adaptable to my camera? (I know this sounds as a silly question, but bear with me: I'm still new at macro photography!!)
Short answer is no but you may be able to swap it for a Pentax K mount version if you have already bought it! The Tamron adaptall predecessors would have enabled you to swap the mount.
05-19-2017, 03:50 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Great, then older lenses won't be a problem. Also look for a nice sturdy tripod and investigate a focus slide rig. You can also look into focus stacking since you're in a controlled environment.

The K10 doesn't do live view, so you'll want to set up your workspace so it's comfortable for you to look through the viewfinder. Probably this means a higher table or bench.

I look forward to seeing photos sometime, I'm very interested in archaeology, and have a cousin-in-law who is a state archaeologist in Minnesota.

The photography I've seen of some artifacts using different light wavelengths is also fascinating, being able to view writing beneath other writing, various angles of light to expose details via recombined imagery is amazing work.

Thanks for your suggestions! Yes, I thought focus stacking could be helpful and I'm happy you mentioned it here

At the moment, I'm trying to get the equipment to experiment with macro photogrammetry which would allow me to create 3D models of very tiny artifacts. If you like to have a look at some of my 3D models (not that tiny, though) have a look here: kudurru - a 3D models collection by silviaferreri1 - Sketchfab

I'll try to upload a few photos here soon.

Cheers

---------- Post added 05-19-17 at 03:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Skodadriver Quote
Short answer is no but you may be able to swap it for a Pentax K mount version if you have already bought it! The Tamron adaptall predecessors would have enabled you to swap the mount.

Thanks!
No, I haven't bought this lens yet.

05-19-2017, 10:08 AM   #20

Macro photogrammetry needs a very good lens and a rather slow aperture (around F8) imho.
You will need a macro lens which MTF is good at slow apertures, that is not so common, there are four main options as far as i know:
Pentax SMC-F 50mm f/2.8 macro (Weighted MTF: f2.8 0.82 | f4 0.85 | f8 0.87) -> about 300$, AF, 1:1 ratio
Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5 Macro (Weighted MTF: f2.5 0.77 | f4 0.85 | f8 0.87) -> about 400$ because rare, KA mount, 1:2 ratio
Tamron AF SP 90mm f/2.8 Macro (Weighted MTF: f2.8 0.79 | f4 0.83 | f8 0.84) -> about 300$, AF, 1:1 ratio
Pentax 200mm f/4 ED Macro (Weighted MTF: f4 0.81 | f8 0.85)-> very expensive & rare, AF or MF (SMC-FA or SMC-A), 1:1 ratio