Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
I took the dog and the Panagor for a stroll
Posted By: chris.britingles, 05-28-2017, 11:08 AM

Hello from Granada, Spain

I took the dog and the Panagor for a stroll this morning and while walking I saw these and started to wonder what they were? There were some very small Ladybirds in the area as well, so thought that they might be babies¿?

Please let me know

TTFN

Chris

Last edited by chris.britingles; 05-28-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Image insert
Views: 810
05-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No idea what they are but there is a thread in the forum that might know if you post it there.
t
This is just one page of many but it gives you the option of looking through the pages or just posting it.

Show me your insects - Page 234 - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Skodadriver; 05-28-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Added info and spelling.
05-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Definitely a beetle and Ladybirds or Ladybugs are beetles too. There are over 6000 small beetle species (Coccinellidae) known and if you really must know exactly, Iʻd go down to the Natural History Museum in Grenada. They will either have a collection of insects and beetles there or possibly books.
05-30-2017, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They're not baby ladybirds. The Ladybird beetle larvae are not miniature instars of the adults. They are spiky larvae, then they pupate to adults.
ladybugs - Insecta: Coleoptera: Coccinellidae

These remind me a little bit of small milkweed bugs, whatever they are they are likely sucking plant juice for sustenance.

Discover Life might be of help. I'm not sure if Bug Guide will do only North American arthropods. With them you upload an image and give the relevant date and location information.