Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Contest #49: September, 2010 (Reflections)
Posted By: Adam, 08-31-2010, 05:10 PM

The theme for the official PentaxForums.com photo contest for September, 2010 is:

Reflections
As in "mirror image", not as in "thought". The rest is up to you.

To submit a photo, make a new thread in the submission sub-forum.
There will be two prizes for the winner of this contest and of future contests: featuring in our premier gallery, as well as 100 forum reputation points- a large step toward 'Pentaxian' status, added attachment space, and Marketplace access!

As usual, please do not post your submissions in this thread; see above! Limit one photo per user. Good luck to all participants! If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading the articles below:

Contest Procedure | Contest Rules

We invite everyone to participate in this month's contest and also vote for last month's entries! The poll is available here.
Views: 20,327
09-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I cannot see my entry photo, but the thread is listed; nothing but a blank screen saying done when I click on it ...

09-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #17

Tried it again;l didn't even get the "done" box ...
09-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Your submission looks fine to me!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #19

Thanks.
Paul

09-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #20

Hi, Adam...

I submitted my photo in a new thread on Contest Submissions. I see it listed, but when I try to open it nothing is there. Did I do something wrong? Please advise... without being able to see it I can't edit or revise it. Oh, and my shutter speed is .8... how does that translate to the drop down list? 1/8s?

Thank you!
Davina

P.S. I also accidentally turned off the green checkmark which I think notifies me if anyone responds to my submission or post... how do I get that back? Sorry!

Last edited by dsimaitis; 09-19-2010 at 03:21 PM.
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just click on the checkbox again, and you'll be resubscribed. I'm checking your photo now.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Photo looks fine to me! It's definitely there

Adam

09-20-2010, 04:49 AM   #23

Thanks, Adam... but, I can't get into the thread to reselect the checkmark, or do anything. I see the photo when I click on the attachment from the forum list, but nothing when I click on my thread specifically. From reading other posts, it seems like some others are having the same problem. As long as you can see it and I can be part of the voting, that's all that matters. I really just wanted to reselect the checkmark and update my shutter speed (once I find out the eqivalent to .8... to me that is 8/10, but I don't see that option on the pull down list. I did write it in my comments, though. Can you see those???)

Sorry to be such a bother...
Davina
09-20-2010, 04:58 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dsimaitis Quote
Thanks, Adam... but, I can't get into the thread to reselect the checkmark, or do anything. I see the photo when I click on the attachment from the forum list, but nothing when I click on my thread specifically. From reading other posts, it seems like some others are having the same problem. As long as you can see it and I can be part of the voting, that's all that matters. I really just wanted to reselect the checkmark and update my shutter speed (once I find out the eqivalent to .8... to me that is 8/10, but I don't see that option on the pull down list. I did write it in my comments, though. Can you see those???)

Sorry to be such a bother...
Davina
Yes, but only I can edit them after the thread has been posted.

There's a 1s option from the dropdown, should I check that for you?

Adam

09-21-2010, 03:38 AM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes, but only I can edit them after the thread has been posted.

There's a 1s option from the dropdown, should I check that for you?
That would be great! Thank you... and, if possible could you also re-check the green check mark for me? So, when it comes to the "tenths" shutter speed, just round to the closest number... is that right?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Sincerely, Davina =)
09-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #26
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I can't subscribe you to a thread, but yes, that's the general rule of thumb.

To find your thread easily, though, just click on my activity>my threads in the upper-right, or click on your username in the above post, and select "find threads my dsimaitis". Hope this helps!

Adam

09-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Hi adam,
I've looked for my submitted photo in the submission forum but there are no post left
is it fo judges privacy and or sumthing that i do wrong?
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #28

Photos: Gallery
reflections

Hello
I am trying to submit a photo for the contest that I have already uploaded for critique- Nature Barry's Bay Morning-. I get an error message preventing it from being posted. Am I breaking a rule or simply missing the procedure?

regards
Stewart

Never mind; I think I figured it out.

Last edited by stewh; 09-23-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: ?success
09-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Adam

For some reason I cannot access the submissions page. Is there a reason for this?

Thank

Noel
09-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kanjiruminamoto Quote
Hi adam,
I've looked for my submitted photo in the submission forum but there are no post left
is it fo judges privacy and or sumthing that i do wrong?
Your photo was disqualified: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/monthly-photo-contests/114715-rainbow.html

Note that only Pentax photos are allowed for our contents.

QuoteOriginally posted by stewh Quote
Hello
I am trying to submit a photo for the contest that I have already uploaded for critique- Nature Barry's Bay Morning-. I get an error message preventing it from being posted. Am I breaking a rule or simply missing the procedure?

regards
Stewart

Never mind; I think I figured it out.
Yup- looks good to me! You can always just link to your photo if needed as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Hi Adam

For some reason I cannot access the submissions page. Is there a reason for this?

Thank

Noel
Here's a link: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/contest-submissions/

You can't view others' submissions until voting time!

Adam

Closed Thread