Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Contest #50: October, 2010 (Water)
Posted By: Adam, 10-01-2010, 02:47 PM

The theme for the official PentaxForums.com photo contest for October, 2010 is:

Water
Be creative with this theme! (you probably don't want to post photos of the ocean )

There will be two prizes for the winner of this contest and of future contests: featuring in our premier gallery, as well as 100 forum reputation points- a large step toward 'Pentaxian' status, added attachment space, and Marketplace access! As usual, please do not post your submissions in this thread; see above! Limit one photo per user. Good luck to all participants! If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading rules and procedure below.

Contest Procedure | Contest Rules | Submit | Vote for September's Photos

We invite everyone to participate in this month's contest and also vote for last month's entries! The poll is now accessible using the above link.

As always:
  • One photo per user. Re-submissions should be made as replies in your original submission thread.
  • Photo must be between 300x300 and 1024x1024 pixels, and smaller than 1Mb
  • We prefer that your photos are submitted as attachments - they load faster, and guarantee that you're within limits

Views: 13,358
10-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Your photo was scaled by the system. I'm going to bump the limit up to 1025 so that it doesn't scale 1024px photos.

Yup, September is #49, not #50.
OK, all seems to work, voting for the September 2010 contest - reflections -

And my entry WAS submitted for the October one.
Do I have to resubmit because of the scaling down?

Thanks,

JP

10-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
You can if you want to- just post a photo as a reply to the current thread (NOT in a new thread - if you do so, it will be ignored).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Tried to view the contest rules and got a 404 error. Basically wanting to know when the photo has to be taken. During the contest or at Any time?

10-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Looks like your system ignores ICC profiles too. My picture has got even more horrible colours than before ) Colors shift or so.

10-06-2010, 05:58 AM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just check the sticky; I've also fixed the link. You guys should know where the rules are by now!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #21
Veteran Member

does the picture have to be taken this month or can it be a older pic like say 1 month ago
10-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #22
Veteran Member

sorry i just went and read the contest rules and fell like a dumb #@* sorry again

10-31-2010, 12:51 AM   #23
Banned

Adam, just a question/suggestion for the contests: isnt it better to always have a contest running? For example as soon as reflections ended to post the next thread?
10-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That's how it is already
10-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This contest is now closed. New theme posted: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/monthly-photo-contests/120577-theme-conte...emptiness.html

Adam

Closed Thread