Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
READ FIRST: Pentax Holiday Giveaway - General Information, all questions go here!
Posted By: Adam, 12-02-2010, 04:45 PM

We've been through a lot with our web server lately, so I'm very happy to announce that I'm finally able to shift back into the Pentax world, as all our technical issues have been resolved! Thus, without further ado, I'm happy to announce the immediate launch of our:

PentaxForums.com 2010 Christmas & Holiday Giveaway

If you'd like Santa to place a shiny new lens under your Christmas tree, then this is the event for you! This season's giveaway is unlike our previous giveaways, and we are happy to be giving away five fantastic prizes:

Both of these lenses are highly recommended by us, and we've posted a review of the Pentax 18-135mm as a little teaser.

The 18-135mm is sponsored by
B&H Photo Video, while the 35mm is sponsored by us! We are very happy to have B&H on board for this exciting event.

Each lens giveaway is going to be a separate event; see below for details.

DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 WR Giveaway

This giveaway will run from Friday, December 3rd 2010 through Friday, February 4th 2011, and the lens will thus be a late present!
Note that topic requests will be honored until January 15th. Please have a topic ready and approved by then.

This giveaway will be merit-based. To enter, follow these steps:
  1. Create a free account on PentaxForums.com if you are not currently a member!
  2. Pick a piece of Pentax equipment you would like to review from the list below
    • Pentax K-mount Lenses (DA,FA,F,A,M,or K series - SMC-only)
    • Pentax Digital SLRs launched in 2009 or 2010
    • Pentax Flashes
    • Third-party lenses for Pentax launched in 2006 or later or still in production
    • Third-party flashes for Pentax launched in 2006 or later or still in production
  3. Announce your selection in this thread, and await approval
  4. Write your review**** in HTML or DOC format
  5. E-mail us your complete review to
  6. You're all set!
At the end of the giveaway period, all reviews will be published to our homepage, and a poll will be set up. The community will then vote and choose the reviews they find to be the best. The author of the review with the most votes will win the 18-135mm lens; second place will receive the two-year "loyal site supporter" account upgrade; third place will receive the one-year "site supporter" account upgrade.

PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT FOR QUALITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THESE REVIEWS - THEY ARE HIGH!!

I hope you guys have fun with this, and I hope to see five very happy winners here! If you have any general questions, you're welcome to post in this thread. If you have specific questions for either giveaway, please post in the appropriate giveaway thread.

DA 35mm F2.4 Giveaway(Ended 12/20/2010)

This giveaway will run from
Friday, December 3rd through Monday, December 20th, with the goal of our being able to get the lens to you by the 23rd so that it can be placed under the Christmas tree!

This giveaway will be a simple drawing, and no purchase is necessary.
To enter, simply follow these steps:
  1. Create a free account on PentaxForums.com if you are not currently a member!
  2. Post a "user" review of any piece of Pentax equipment (that you currently own) in the following databases on PentaxForums.com (300 word minimum, about 2 paragraphs)***
  3. Post a link to your review in this thread
  4. You're all set! If you win, you will get a PM on the morning of December 21st.
  5. You can post additional reviews if you'd like - up to 3 will be counted as raffle entries.
We will draw two names for this giveaway: the first will win the DA 35mm, while the second will win the 1 year for forum site supporter status. Should the winner already be a site supporter, we will extend the duration of the account status by 1 year.

The Fine Print

*Prize awarded may be changed, at winners' discretion, to ANY OTHER LENS priced at or below the B&H retail price of the 18-135mm on 2/4/2011. B&H store credit, cash, or gift certificates will not be issued in exchange. Prize may not be sold on the PentaxForums.com Marketplace. Prize sponsored by BH PHOTO VIDEO.
**Prize awarded will not be changed. B&H store credit, cash, or gift certificates will not be issued in exchange. Prize may not be sold on the PentaxForums.com Marketplace. Prize sponsored by PENTAXFORUMS.COM.
***Review must be at least 300 words in length and address all major aspects of the product in question (i.e. for a lens, consider sharpness, focusing speed, bokeh, handling, and value). Reviews that do not conform to these standards will not qualify for the giveaway. If your review does not quality, you will be notified in the thread in which you posted your link. Estimated completion time: 30 minutes - 1 hour. Review must be posted after midnight EST on 12/3/2010 and up by the end of the day EST on 12/20/2010.
****Review must be of professional quality and topic must be pre-approved. Lens reviews must follow our PentaxForums lens rating scale. Each review must feature at least two controlled tests and include sample images, diagrams, and graphics. PentaxForums.com will facilitate HTML styling and image comparisons upon request. For examples of required review quality, visit our K-5 review or 18-135mm review. Minimum word count of 1200. Estimated completion time: 1 weekend. Full attribution will be given to author, and a hyperlink to his/her website allowed if desired. Review will become property of PentaxForums.com. Questions or requests for further guidelines may be posted in this thread. Review must be submitted by the end of the day on 2/4/2011.

No purchase necessary. Prizes supplied are new products. Disclaimer: PentaxForums,com takes no liability for any defective products or loss due to use of awarded products. We reserve the right to extend contest periods, reassign prizes, or cancel either contest at any time for any reason. International participants welcome!

Sponsored by:

Last edited by Ole; 12-03-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Views: 27,352
12-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
This event is now live. Good luck to everyone, enjoy, and Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Wow. That's awesome, Adam. Thanks!

I'm assuming we can enter both contests?
12-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yes, you may enter one or both!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great contest!! Good way to increase the reviews too. Will definitely enter!
12-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #6

I just wrote a review in response to the call. Came back and realized the start date is Friday.

Am I too soon?
12-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Do video reviews count?

12-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Being conscientious is a disadvantage. I've already got all my lenses reviewed...
Looks like I'd have to buy another one just to enter.
12-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #9

for the DA 35 giveaway, would multiple reviews count as multiple entries, or do we only get one ticket in this raffle?

and I'm assuming the K-5 is out for the 35-135 giveaway
12-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting! I just posted a review a few days ago. Does the review has to be written during those dates?

Thanks!
12-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #11

Awesome idea Adam! Sounds like a great contest, and a good way to increase reviews.
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I've been including detailed summations of reviews from my blog on this site... Time to do more after the contest starts I guess. Although I'm running out of lenses to review!
12-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Good news...lol..
12-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #14
Banned

Adam , the contest is also for international users too?

And if yes, i suppose the random drawing will be for all users right, not just US?
12-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Can anyone participate or US residents only?
Closed Thread