Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Eye-Fi Giveaway questions
Posted By: Adam, 03-07-2011, 07:09 PM

All questions about our Eye-fi giveaway go in this thread! Fire away
Views: 2,971
03-08-2011, 04:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Will there be a way to learn how many raffle tickets one has earned?

I first posted my paragraph and then subsequently noticed that I had some more accessory reviews up my sleeves. I added pointers to these to the paragraph but if you have counted it before I was done adding the reviews, you may have missed them.

I hope I maximized my chances to win one of these amazing cards. I'm heavily interested in getting a K-5 and the card would be the icing on the cake.
03-08-2011, 04:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Another question: Is the "300 word minimum requirement" a hard and fast rule? I strongly think a truly informative and helpful review should not be forced to go over its natural length.

I feel it would be a disservice to the reader if reviewers padded up their reviews with fluff just to meet the 300 word limit. If there just isn't that much to say over and above some useful observations and tips then I don't think the "300 word" rule should force you to categorize it as a "low-quality" review. Do you agree?

I had two reviews which were just a bit short of 300 words. I thought long and hard as to how I could add real content as opposed to just adding fluff and got over 300 words in each case but I still don't think the "300 words" rule should be a hard and fast one.

Last edited by Class A; 03-08-2011 at 04:52 AM.
03-09-2011, 03:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How can I control how many points for this give-away? I just posted several lens reviews in the review section.

Same as Class_A, I found out a good private user experience and recommendation is just good enough, and perhaps less than 300 words is better. Any in-depth review should be conducted in professionally way. Also a user recommendation is very subjective in all reviews. There is no guideline for rating, eg. there is no point to use the lens at their weak spot and rate it poorly.

03-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #5

Yesterday I have entered only the short eye-fi paragraph, and today I edited and added the links to my new lens reviews. Will they also count, because I added the reviews in the edited post?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/monthly-photo-contests/135959-special-eve...ml#post1418264
03-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nikigo Quote
Yesterday I have entered only the short eye-fi paragraph, and today I edited and added the links to my new lens reviews. Will they also count, because I added the reviews in the edited post?
Yes, as submissions won't be tallied until the end.

The number of points you earned may or may not be shown once we do the drawing. If your review qualified last giveaway, chances are that your submission for this giveaway will count for 3 tickets assuming the same level of quality is maintained.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread