Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread

5x Giveaway: Eye-fi 8Gb Pro X2!!
Posted By: Adam, 03-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Special Giveaway: 5 Eye-Fi 8Gb Pro X2 Wireless SD Cards

I'm happy to announce our latest giveaway, sponsored by the makers of the unique Eye-fi wireless SD card. Five of these fabulous cards will be given away the the winners of this event, each at a value of $149! This event will run from 3/7/2011 through 4/7/2011.

Name:  p-X2_angle_pro-rgb.png
Views: 7634
Size:  31.5 KB

Before you enter this giveaway, please ensure that you have voted for our previous giveaway

Overview

This is a "no purchase necessary event", and any PentaxForums.com member is free to participate.

The 5 winners of this giveaway will be drawn at random. However, each participant has the opportunity to get up to 12 tickets for the drawing. Therefore, if you go above and beyond, you can improve your chances of winning! The following is the ticket breakdown:

• 3 tickets: a short paragraph about how you would use your Eye-Fi SD card or something that you've learned about the Eye-Fi card. What would it allow you to do that you can't do with your current setup? What uses would you have for it beyond those listed on the product page?
  • 9 tickets: post up to 3 Pentax accessory (preferably), camera, or lens reviews in our lens, third-party lens, camera, or accessory review databases. If you already own an eye-fi card, feel free to review it as well (it may be added to our accessory database)! Note: these won't award tickets unless you also include the short paragraph about the Eye-Fi card. Also, your reviews must be written on or after 3/7/2011.
Thus, you may submit up to 4 things for this giveaway. Each will be scored on a scale of 1-3, and this will determine the number of raffle tickets awarded:
  1. Low-quality, under 300 words (review) or under 120 words (Eye-Fi paragraph)
  2. Good review, but doesn't introduce anything new (i.e. you are echoing others' comments)
  3. Excellent review with both a personal touch and interesting content
Going by this:
  • No paragraph = 0 tickets
  • Excellent paragraph and no reviews = 3 tickets
  • Good paragraph + 3 short reviews = 5 tickets
  • Good paragraph + 3 good reviews = 8 tickets
  • Excellent paragraph and 3 excellent reviews = 12 tickets
  • ...and so on

General Procedure

1. Please start by reading about the eye-fi card. You may also be interested in browsing the eye-fi website.
  2. Post a reply to this thread containing your short paragraph as well as links to your 3 reviews if you chose to write them.
  3. It's as easy as that- you're all set!
In some respects, this giveaway is similar to our previous giveaway, as it also offers 5 prizes and has a review aspect. Good luck, everyone!

ALL QUESTIONS GO HERE

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVONLY POST SUBMISSIONS BELOWVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Views: 37,710
04-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Hi, my name is Jason, I like winning things and hope I win one of these Eye-fi SD cards. I think the idea is cool and if I win one, the thought of using this cool little piece of advanced technology will be sublime, yet appreciated. I like the color orange. Vote for Jason.

Jason

04-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #92

The eye-fi card is a marvel of modern engineering technology. An entire 802.11 wireless radio fitting inside of a 8GB memory card! This type of technology makes me excited as to what the future will bring. When I heard about what this card does, it excited me. It made me even more excited when I heard about how it could be used with the iPad and the shuttersnitch application to wirelessly transfer images onto the 10" screen for nearly instant previews. So I rushed to get an iPad. Now that I have one, I can't wait to get an eye-fi card and wow my clients with this new advent in technology!
04-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #93
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Paragraph
The Eye-FI 8GB + Wi-Fi Memory Card will make a fantastic addition to my photography. Say I’m out taking shots of the rambunctious little grandchildren, and I want to check if I got a series of shots. The sun is too bright to easily check the photos on the camera’s screen, and besides, it’s a little small. But my Mac is beside me, and presto, I have a large view of a great first shot. Oh, oh, delete the next because of the blur. All because I was able to wirelessly download the photos, and easily check them. Oh, and did I mention that these were taken in RAW, so I can also work on the couple that need some extra PP. And then, part way through the day I started to worry about there being enough room on the card, but why worry with all that memory! And besides, when we stop for a coffee on the way home I will download again at the hotspot. And now that the photos are all geotagged, I’m not relying on the old memory about which shot was where. What a great little piece of technology!

Reviews
PENTAX Reverse Adapter K - Pentax Accessory Review Database - Flashes, Grips, Camera Bags
Pentax Mount Adapter K - Pentax Accessory Review Database - Flashes, Grips, Camera Bags
Hanimex Automatic Extension Tube Set - Pentax - Pentax Accessory Review Database - Flashes, Grips, Camera Bags
04-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can't wait to try this wi-fi card. It seems growing more & more popularity. For sure this will be a great tool on the field. If I'm one of the winner, I'll write a review of it for sure. Thanks.

04-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #95

needed

I'd like to take a series of shots driving down the road that are geotagged, being able to transfer them on the fly would make life soo much easier. Replace my point and shoot setup with a real camera.
04-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #96

Night Clubs and VJing

Well, I've been planning to buy an eye-fi for a while now, I'm a photographer at many night clubs around Ireland, Including The Wright Venue, Which is the biggest club in Ireland, And one of the top clubs in the world (voted 30th, actually). I'm in there on most big nights and at the end of the night I get straight to editing them and uploading them to facebook, flickr etc., With the Eye-fi, My plan is to wirelessly stream the pictures to a server and then fire the images to all the screens in the venue in near-real-time (The venue has like 8 routers so getting signal would not be an issue, and every floor and suite has a 42" HD screen in place), This'd be a great system once I had it setup (obviously I'd have to code some scripts to move the files etc). As of right now my budget is too small to buy the card so this give away would be a great bonus to me!
04-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #97

In the future, I would like my cameras to be able to geolocate itself judging from Wi-Fi signal it receives from Eye-Fi. Barring that, I am hoping that Eye-Fi adds Wi-Fi information such as SSID and IP address into EXIF so that photo viewer or editor on the computer would be able to determine the general location where each picture was shot, even indoors where GPS does not work.
But until such features are available, I would like to use Eye-Fi in a studio shoot where less crowded situation is preferred. Despite being in another room, the client will be able to review photo in real time, as they are uploaded to a computer from the Eye-Fi.

Added a product and posted a review (will add picture later):
https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/showproduct.php?product=996

Last edited by Pentaro; 04-06-2011 at 08:28 PM.
04-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #98
Forum Member

I started experimenting with cameras and photography a few years ago, just before the effects of my aging starting coming more rapidly and becoming more noticeable. Since then the difficulties I experience have shifted from technical and experiential ones, to visual ones as my eyesight has worsened, to physical ones of late as arthritis is becoming a serious issue. This Eye-fi card has some great features of use to everyone, but the greatest benefit to me will be in overcoming the physical and visual problems associated with plugging and unplugging the memory card or usb cable to transfer images. It's not merely a matter of (in)convenience anymore, but one of increasing necessity.
04-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #99

Hello Everybody!!! The most interesting application for me is in a kindergarten when I took photographs when kids celebrate their birthdays... Fetch my laptop and connect it before the get-close-to-the-cake-and-blow-all-the-candles starts... Then take a lot of shots of the kids, and when all that "rush moment" ends, go with the parents and the teachers to my laptop and choose the photos they want to print.
I´m also doing studio sessions, with this card I can start shooting and my assistant directly is selecting/marking/cropping/flagging the shots while incoming.
Another application as a wedding photographer is taking the shots and delivering immediatly to the projector that the DJ uses for videoclips while mixing, so, when the groom and bride are at the moment of the dinner (weddings usually are at night in my country), they can sit and enjoy the pictures, before the music starts again.
These are times that customers demand the pictures faster than before.... I´d like to have this Memory card to offer the best for them.
04-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #100

Hi my name is Armando, and I own a Pentax K-x with the Kit lenses, and I got to tell you that, I am a happy camper with this camera. The picture quality is awesome, as well as the handled of the camera in different situations. Is a small camera and can be taken to pleases that a big So... can't go. I love the way the menu was done, and with the last update supporting SDXC, just make this little giant a nice toy to ply with.
04-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #101
krp
Veteran Member

My 3 reviews:
Benro Travel Angel TRA068 - Pentax Accessory Review Database - Flashes, Grips, Camera Bags
Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR LD ASPHERICAL (IF) Lens Reviews - Pentax Third-Party Lens Review Database
SMC Pentax-DA L 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database

I take a lot of startrail pictures in my backyard. Because of light pollution, I must take many shorter exposures of 30 seconds and then combine them later to get a startrail pictures. The good thing about that is I can also make time lapse videos. Since my backyard is within range of my wi-fi network, the Eye-fi would make things a whole lot easier. Often I wonder if my pictures are focused, framed, and exposed correctly. If I try to check on the pictures after I've started a startrail sequence, then it will ruin the final image or video. If I had an Eye-fi, it could keep transferring images to my computer so I can check on them and even put them together into a startrail picture or time lapse video as they come in. I could also check if there's dew or frost on the lens, all without leaving my computer. It would also be nice to have geotagging so I never forget where certain pictures were taken. I also won't have to risk losing or breaking a memory card from constantly taking it out of the camera and into the memory card reader. With the Eye-fi I could pretty much leave it in the camera all the time.

Thanks for the opportunity to win.

Last edited by krp; 04-06-2011 at 08:22 PM.
04-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #102
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ideal Idea!

First and foremost, this is a "class 6" SD card, which is what I've used ever since I got started in Digital (SLR, I still have my digital "pocket" camera)last year. For myself, the "normal" class 6's are a great combination of speed and price. Our grandchildren are always eager to be photographed and they enjoy seeing the picture right after it is taken. With this Wi-Fi card, they could see their photos on the computer screen a lot quicker and larger rather than having to view the much smaller screen on my K10D or wait for Pappy to upload them or burn a disk.
04-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #103

Eye-fi

I have recently got into astrophotography using a new telescope that I received for Christmas. My K-x has been great but I have two very large problems in this new field of photography. The first problem is I can shoot a thousand photos in an evening to get enough good images to stack. It would be awesome to have those images fly off into my house while I am doing this to get me to bed faster after I have finished. The Eye-fi card would solve this! The second problem is that if I fill my card and have to come inside to the computer to download and continue shooting my night vision gets completely shot! Again a wonderful Eye-fi card would solve this problem!

You know......I think I have more problems that this card could solve also....... Might have to buy one if I don't win it.
04-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Instant pics, from kids race, to the internet

I volunteer to do race photograhy for local road races and kids races. Every once in a while I get a corupt memory card when I plug it into my lap top, last time around I tried using a backup device as soon as I finished shooting the race. It didn't work and I had a bunch of dissapointed kids, luckly someone else was also shooting the race and we recovered some shots. This wireless card looks like a great option that will allow me to shoot right into the lap top. i plan on having the laptop also mirror the folder as they come in. This will make it that much easier to get the shots on the running clubs website and ensure the kids don't get dissaponited next time.
04-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #105

Happiness!

The Wifi card would help me live peacefully.
As I'm sure most gadget geeks (which all photographers, musicians and computer owners are - sadly I'm all three) can testify, their addiction is not always compatible with the other loved ones that live with them. You know, the breathing variety. The problem is usually when going on holiday. As I'm carting case after case of necessary equipment to the car, I'm greeted with a 'are you really taking that?' each time. The laptop case usually gets the most attention as my wife questions exactly what I'm going to be doing with that thing since we're going to be on holiday, and I need to be sociable, and so on and on. If I only had a wifi SD card I may just be able to leave the laptop at home, and enjoy taking more photographs. I can upload all my shots safely to a server so I don't have to worry about the laptop. Ah the peace. The lower rate of nagging. The wifi SD card may just be one of the best things I could take on holiday with me!
Closed Thread