Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
To the American Military
Contest Number: 57 Contest Theme: Still Life Lens: Pentax 18-55 Camera: K10D Shutter Speed: 1/10s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: mdaaug58, 05-25-2011, 09:24 PM

To my youngest Son, thank you for serving this great country.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 2,379
06-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
We all can recall photos that we saw years ago which surprised us, shocked us, touched us. I can still remember looking through a LIFE magazine seeing the image of a little girl unclothed running down a street after the air strike on Trang Bang.

This image does what I consider most important in a photograph - Evoke emotion - whether positive or negative.

The composition is graphic, uncluttered, and balanced - the lighting is perfect for the subject - the image is strong.

Thank you for sharing your photo! Wonderful job!

"Art is something that stimulates an individual's thoughts, emotions, beliefs, or ideas through the senses."
06-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you...

Thank you for your comment. I remember the photograph you referred to from "LIFE" magazine, it was, and always be a very powerful and meaningful moment in time. To have my work viewed as something showing the same emotion qualities, is very humbling.
06-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well, I am happy with my results in the contest for May. There were a couple suprises, I'll admit, but for me personally, I 'm pleased. Thank you to all that voted for my photo, and I hope you like my B&W!!