Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Contest #58: June, 2011 (Black and White)
ISO: 50 
Posted By: Adam, 06-01-2011, 06:13 AM

The theme for the official PentaxForums.com photo contest for June, 2011 is:

Black and White
Black and white photos only!

There will be two prizes for the winner of this contest and of future contests: featuring in our premier gallery, as well as an upgraded account for 3 months, with added attachment space, Marketplace access, and more! As usual, please do not post your submissions in this thread; see above! Limit one photo per user. Good luck to all participants! If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading rules and procedure below.

Contest Procedure | Contest Rules | Submit | Vote for May's Winners

We invite everyone to participate in this month's contest and also vote for last month's entries! The poll is now up (link above)!

As always:
  • One photo per user. Please post only one submission thread. Our automated system only checks the latest post within that thread, so if you are updating your entry, please do so in a reply or make an edit to your original post.
  • Photo must be between 300x300 and 1024x1024 pixels, and smaller than 1Mb
  • We prefer that your photos are submitted as attachments - they load faster, and guarantee that you don't exceed limits

Views: 11,271
06-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
To clarify, sepia photos are also allowed

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2011, 01:41 AM   #3

sorry, but first intend.
is hdr allowed?
06-04-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
As long as the photo is BW and taken by you with a Pentax, any sort of PP is allowed.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can I use film? I have B&W loaded in may Pentax 645.
06-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Adam,

How about having a few (as in more than one) where NO amount of PP is permitted? The photos must be submitted exactly as taken by the camera with no processing either "on camera" or "in the darkroom". That would level the playing field to only showcase the photographer's abilities and the particular camera/lens selected. Or perhaps have two monthly contests, one where PP is permitted and another with the same theme but where PP is prohibited. Just a thought...
06-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
Forum Member

To Spartan:: I believe as long as the end result is a B&W photo taken with a Pentax camera, it's fair game!

06-14-2011, 05:03 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spartan Quote
Yes, that's perfectly fine

Theme suggestions should go in the suggestions forum FYI.

Adam

06-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
P67

QuoteOriginally posted by spartan Quote
Great to see another film shooter, especially with MF. Shoot, scan, and post. Good luck.
06-19-2011, 11:51 PM   #10

Can you have B&W with some subtle brown tones extracted?
06-21-2011, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by whitelotus9 Quote
Adam,

How about having a few (as in more than one) where NO amount of PP is permitted? The photos must be submitted exactly as taken by the camera with no processing either "on camera" or "in the darkroom". That would level the playing field to only showcase the photographer's abilities and the particular camera/lens selected. Or perhaps have two monthly contests, one where PP is permitted and another with the same theme but where PP is prohibited. Just a thought...
I second that - the only problem is how would you be able to tell, you can go on the honor system, but even then your still gonna get someone fluffing it...

06-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
B&W and sepia is fine, but B&W with filled in colors isn't.

Adam

06-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #13
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
B&W and sepia is fine, but B&W with filled in colors isn't.
Sigh.... Have a nice Bleeding heart flower pink in the bed of BW.... But that's for my own consumption anyway.
06-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Are Split Tone images acceptable?
07-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
They have to be monochromatic, so I don't think so.

Adam

Closed Thread