Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

World PENTAX Day: June 18th, 2011 general info/questions
Posted By: Adam, 06-02-2011, 11:37 PM

Hello everyone,

This will serve as the official discussion/question thread for our 10th installment of the World Pentax Day event, which will take place on June 18th, 2011.

Overview of the Event

The full details can be found on our homepage. In a nutshell, this is an event in which Pentax users from around the world all go out and shoot on the same day (individually or in groups, it's up to you) and then post photos in a collective gallery. Photos must be taken on June 18th, but can be uploaded between then and the end of the month into the gallery. Each photographer may upload up to 5 photos.

RSVP to the event on the official PENTAX facebook page: World PENTAX Day | Facebook

>> Click here to upload (page opens on June 18th) <<

Giveaway

In addition to the main event, we will be giving away one Pentax limited lens to a lucky participant (it will likely be the DA 40mm). The more photos you post (remember that the limit is 5), the higher your chances are of winning!

After uploading your photos, all you will have to do is post in a thread stating you'd like to partake in the giveaway (it is open to users worldwide) as well as like us on facebook. Also, you will have to visit the facebook page of our sponsor. That's it - we'll take care of the rest!

Full details on the event are in this separate thread, and questions related to the giveaway should go there:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/giveaway-world-pentax-day-6-18/147878-spe...-giveaway.html

Views: 24,523
06-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #106
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I don't think uploading pictures is the confusing part- but with the giveaway in the way of everything, it might become a bit confusing. In any case, the procedures for both are clearly documented on the homepage:

World Pentax Day - June 18th, 2011 w/ Prize! - Pentax Events - PentaxForums.com
Giveaway of 40mm Limited Lens - Pentax Events - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #107
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I used the Export feature in Photoshop to compress these to JPEGs...will that erase the EXIF data?
06-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #108
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It shouldn't but save for web will definitely strip it.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #109
Inactive Account

Sorry, that's what I meant! Dang it. What should I do? Re-upload them?

07-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #110
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If they're already in the gallery, don't worry about it

Adam

07-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #111

where are my raffle tickets?

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If they're already in the gallery, don't worry about it
Hi, Adam, I've uploaded my photos to the categroy June 18. However, where are my raffle tickets? Where can I find it? Thanks.
07-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #112

Dear Adam, How do I know the number on my raffle tickets?

07-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #113
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/giveaway-world-pentax-day-6-18/149067-che...s-you-got.html

Adam

07-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings Adam,

Do we need to have the photos up by Midnight tonight, or is any time on the 3rd ok?
07-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #115
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The gallery will close right before midnight GMT on the 3rd.

Adam

07-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The gallery will close right before midnight GMT on the 3rd.
That's just before 5pm mountain, but since Az doesn't observe daylight savings, I suspect you're in a different time zone right now.

Awesome. That'll give me and my partner into tomorrow to get these shots from Yellowstone processed and entered.

Thanks for the clarification!

Clint