Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

World PENTAX Day: June 18th, 2011 general info/questions
Posted By: Adam, 06-02-2011, 11:37 PM

Hello everyone,

This will serve as the official discussion/question thread for our 10th installment of the World Pentax Day event, which will take place on June 18th, 2011.

Overview of the Event

The full details can be found on our homepage. In a nutshell, this is an event in which Pentax users from around the world all go out and shoot on the same day (individually or in groups, it's up to you) and then post photos in a collective gallery. Photos must be taken on June 18th, but can be uploaded between then and the end of the month into the gallery. Each photographer may upload up to 5 photos.

RSVP to the event on the official PENTAX facebook page: World PENTAX Day | Facebook

>> Click here to upload (page opens on June 18th) <<

Giveaway

In addition to the main event, we will be giving away one Pentax limited lens to a lucky participant (it will likely be the DA 40mm). The more photos you post (remember that the limit is 5), the higher your chances are of winning!

After uploading your photos, all you will have to do is post in a thread stating you'd like to partake in the giveaway (it is open to users worldwide) as well as like us on facebook. Also, you will have to visit the facebook page of our sponsor. That's it - we'll take care of the rest!

Full details on the event are in this separate thread, and questions related to the giveaway should go there:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/giveaway-world-pentax-day-6-18/147878-spe...-giveaway.html

Views: 24,524
06-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wax Quote
The rules said we have to leave all data information of the photo. May I use full manuals lenses, becouse when I shoot with this kind of lenses there´s no aperture information ( F--). May be I´m pretty lost but I need you clarify this issue. Thanks.
I am guessing anyone that knows about how Pentax cameras work will know that the aperture is blank just because of the way the camera is set-up. Therefore other then the missing aperture setting, all the orther data is there. Therefore you are within the rules of the contest. Good luck in getting some great images!!

06-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #47

Happy World Pentax Day everyone! Now, I have posted one thread (about my Martini splashdown shoot in which I learned a cool new studio lighting technique that I've shared) and posted one shot (so far) in the World Pentax Day gallery. Does that mean I have two "tickets" for this event?! :-) What an incentive, to win the 40mm ltd--wahooey!!!!
06-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #48
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HypnoCin67 Quote
Happy World Pentax Day everyone! Now, I have posted one thread (about my Martini splashdown shoot in which I learned a cool new studio lighting technique that I've shared) and posted one shot (so far) in the World Pentax Day gallery. Does that mean I have two "tickets" for this event?! :-) What an incentive, to win the 40mm ltd--wahooey!!!!
You should post links to your photos in your submission thread, as that's where I'll be looking once it's time to tally the winners. Be sure to include the total number of WPD photos, as well as links to each within the WPD gallery.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You should post links to your photos in your submission thread, as that's where I'll be looking once it's time to tally the winners. Be sure to include the total number of WPD photos, as well as links to each within the WPD gallery.
Thanks Adam--did I not post my Martini Splashdown 2 image in the right thread for World Pentax Day? I did the June 18th, 2011 thread and didn't see any other titles for WPD. . . If not, can you point me in the right direction? And should I also be posting a link to this thread as one of the ways to get a "ticket" for the 40mm lens giveaway? Thanks!

06-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #50

Today I submitted 3 pictures to the Pentax Day forum.

I was surprised to see that the pictures became much darker and less saturated than when I looked at them directly in my computer. I have noticed the same phenomenon to a lesser degree when I attach pictures in Hotmail, while other sites like Facebook and the Swedish site Fotosidan do not have the same disappointing effect on the pictures.
Why is it so? The only thing I can think of is that I use the ProPhoto RGB colour space!?

The way it is now will cause me not to submit any more pictures to the Pentax forum.

This time I increased brightness and saturation very much and resubmitted the pictures to the Pentax Day forum, and now they look a little better there but terrible when viewed directly in my computer.
06-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #51

I've posted four photos and a new thread (Martini Splashdown), have I done them in the right places--is there any way you can check, Adam? I want to make sure I have at least those 5 chances to win that awesome lens! Nice to see so many submissions, too!
06-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #52

Photos: Gallery
just joined and posted my photos...i love pentax!

06-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #53

I forgot to add exif data, hoc can I delete photos and upload again ?? help please..
06-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #54

Please can somebody DELETE my world pentax day pictures so that I can reupload them???
06-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #55
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sten Quote
Why is it so? The only thing I can think of is that I use the ProPhoto RGB colour space!?
The forum's JPEG compression module degrades all photos attached to posts submitted to the forum. There is a way to get around this: either upload your images to your personal or user galleries within the forum, or upload them to your favourite third party photo hosting site, then insert a direct link to your image on the posts you make using the [IMG] codes generated by the landscape picture icon in the toolbar of quick reply or normal message writing fields.

Hope that helps.
06-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #56
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jupiik Quote
I forgot to add exif data, hoc can I delete photos and upload again ??
Only you (or a moderator) can delete your own photos. By selecting each photo in the gallery, you can click on the 'Delete photo' link just below the image.
06-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #57

I cant find the link

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Only you (or a moderator) can delete your own photos. By selecting each photo in the gallery, you can click on the 'Delete photo' link just below the image.
I tried but pictures are in world pentax day gallery and not my own and I don't see any link to delete the pictures.
my pictures are these:
Old transformer station on a sad rainy day - Pentax User Photo Gallery
Dormitory - Pentax User Photo Gallery

and on these pages I dont see link to delete them.
06-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #58

Thanks to the admin Adam everything is fine now...
.. thanks again...
06-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #59

Hello

Hi, Today is Pentax Day, I do love mine
06-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #60
Forum Member

Hi, I also uploaded on photo twice by mistake and can't find the delete button..here is the link:

thanks!