Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

World PENTAX Day: June 18th, 2011 general info/questions
Posted By: Adam, 06-02-2011, 11:37 PM

Hello everyone,

This will serve as the official discussion/question thread for our 10th installment of the World Pentax Day event, which will take place on June 18th, 2011.

Overview of the Event

The full details can be found on our homepage. In a nutshell, this is an event in which Pentax users from around the world all go out and shoot on the same day (individually or in groups, it's up to you) and then post photos in a collective gallery. Photos must be taken on June 18th, but can be uploaded between then and the end of the month into the gallery. Each photographer may upload up to 5 photos.

RSVP to the event on the official PENTAX facebook page: World PENTAX Day | Facebook

>> Click here to upload (page opens on June 18th) <<

Giveaway

In addition to the main event, we will be giving away one Pentax limited lens to a lucky participant (it will likely be the DA 40mm). The more photos you post (remember that the limit is 5), the higher your chances are of winning!

After uploading your photos, all you will have to do is post in a thread stating you'd like to partake in the giveaway (it is open to users worldwide) as well as like us on facebook. Also, you will have to visit the facebook page of our sponsor. That's it - we'll take care of the rest!

Full details on the event are in this separate thread, and questions related to the giveaway should go there:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/giveaway-world-pentax-day-6-18/147878-spe...-giveaway.html

Views: 24,563
06-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Someone send Adam some asprin preferably extra strength in the supersized bottle, GOOD LUCK everyone..i finally am participating in Pentax Day but not the giveaway

btw those are some really nice entries people.

Last edited by Clicker; 06-20-2011 at 04:07 PM.
06-21-2011, 02:46 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
is it possible to change the picture after uploading please?

S
06-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #93
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
PM me if you'd like anything deleted so that you can re-upload.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #94
Veteran Member

I have submitted my five images and hope to fulfill the needed requirements to be entered into the drawing for the lens.
Good luck to everyone and enjoy your love of photography!

06-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #95
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
I have submitted my five images and hope to fulfill the needed requirements to be entered into the drawing for the lens.
Good luck to everyone and enjoy your love of photography!
Great! makes sure you start a thread here as well: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/enter-giveaway/

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Just curious. How does this sort of on-line media handle the mechanics of a random draw?

In the old days there were pieces of paper in a jar and someone would stick their hand in the jar, drawing one out as the winner.

Now? How will all of these names be handled and drawn?
06-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #97

It can easily be done using this type of service:
RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer - It can randomize any type of list you have. So you would just put in all the names that have entered the giveaway and each name with multiple raffle tickets should be displayed accordingly (e.g. If John Doe has 3 raffle tickets, his name should appear in the list three times). And just randomize the list. Whoever gets listed on top wins.
The draw can be recorded either with dedicated software or using a classic video camera.
Of course, the solution might be different. This is just an example.

06-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #98
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
PHP: array_rand - Manual

Adam

06-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #99
Veteran Member

When I go here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/misc.php?do=giveaway

I get: "Yes, you are entered! You have"

When I checked the thread earlier this week (when it was still a table) I was listed as having 6 tickets.

I'm using Chrome on a windows box.
06-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #100
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Wrong thread

Adam

06-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #101
Veteran Member

I'm hopoing this is the cprrest thread to post in for the giveaway.
06-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #102
sai

I have submitted 5 photos, like to participate in the Giveaway, good luck to all
06-25-2011, 03:52 AM   #103
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xjjohnno Quote
I'm hopoing this is the cprrest thread to post in for the giveaway.
QuoteOriginally posted by sai Quote
I have submitted 5 photos, like to participate in the Giveaway, good luck to all
You guys need to post a thread here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=128

Adam

06-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #104
ctt

giveway

I'd like to participate in the the giveaway!
06-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam. Thanks for your help. You can call me crazy, but the process for entering pictures is just a little bit convoluted for people who are not completely fluent in how the forum works. That is a shame, because it is a great way to get new people involved in the forum.
I applaud your efforts in putting this together and in providing a platform for Pentax and photographers to show their work. But, isn't there a simpler way.