Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
How to enter the giveaway
Posted By: Adam, 06-17-2011, 08:18 AM

Instructions on entering the giveaway are found here: Giveaway of 40mm Limited Lens - Pentax Events - PentaxForums.com

Questions go in this thread.
Views: 14,426
06-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #2

Would LOVE to win this lens!! I'm new here
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I'm new to this forum but I too would love to win this lens-
06-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Agreed. Brilliant walk-about lens.

06-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #5

I'm definitely in for the pancake !

Shoting tomorrow 18th in the rain will be a challenge...
06-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

When you speak of the facebook username... which is it? One has two.. one's public name (in my case my real name) which is what shows everywhere... or the name one chose as a short version to get your facebook URL... and in my case thats quite different. To add more confusion, your username for login is your email address.

At this stage I'm assuming the name wanted is the name that shows everywhere when you post, when you comment etc, and thats the one I will submit. However, it is confusing, and I would like some clarification anyway.
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
A link to your profile should suffice- and remember, others will never see the post you make.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
Inactive Account

As a principle I don't register with Facebook, nor Twitter, so apparently I cannot participate in this giveaway. Discriminating, if you ask me.
06-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A link to your profile should suffice- and remember, others will never see the post you make.
My profile is not public, ergo there will be no indication from someone who is not my "friend" whether I like anything or not. Besides... even *I* find it impossible to see where I have liked something. I was sure I already had liked both PF and B&H but apparently not. I cannot see where I have got a list of likes... I can only go to the fan pages and "unlike"..and thats how I know its done. TBH I think it all a bit fruitless.

My name, as submitted in the thread (didnt realise that they were invisible to others) will show in the list of people who like PF and B&H... that is, if you can actually see the list. I note that there are over 3000 people liking pentaxforums... and over 58,000 who like B&H. I really think this whole thing is completely misconceived.

I would have thought that was a more useful way of tracking. Looking at hundreds of profiles, most of which will be locked down for privacy reasons, is going to be a thankless (and pretty useless) task. Searching for actual names will be easier. If, as I say, you can actually see your lists.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 06-17-2011 at 03:48 PM.
06-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
NO Twitter or Facebook

Is it true - I cannot enter this competition because I do not have a Twitter or Facebook account? I have neither of these on principle - mainly because I see no advantage for me to do so and of course the privacy issue. I am sad that Pentax Forum has been sucked into this issue. Is it now mandatory to have either or both of these accounts?. Silly beyond words. Exasperated and sad.
06-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

OK, I have found the section where your lists are buried (and buried they are. In my case, its all listed uner "and 17 more" in a tab at the bottom of my info page). Apparently you can unlock just that section for the public, but I don't care to, again for privacy reasons, so if the entry I have so far isn't good enough... so be it. My FA43 is a brilliant lens, I guess I can live without the DA40
06-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
Forum Member

Ok, I've done the like bit but how do I create a post in the special forum? There's no new option.
06-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #13
Forum Member

Facebook or Twitter?? Not going to happen, nuh-uh. Let them track somebody else all around the web, even among websites w/o their traps on them. I'm surprised that the forum is encouraging people to sign up right after a series of disturbing revelations, especially on FB. What's the purpose of this tie-in here?
06-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NickC Quote
Ok, I've done the like bit but how do I create a post in the special forum? There's no new option.
At the top there's a grey button Post Thread or similar.
06-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NickC Quote
Here's the link: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=128

If you don't use FB or Twitter, you're still welcome to participate in WPD: World Pentax Day - June 18th, 2011 w/ Prize! - Pentax Events - PentaxForums.com Or, create a new account if you'd like a chance to win the lens as well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: