Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Golden Hour at the Garry Oak
Contest Number: 61 Contest Theme: Trees Lens: DA 18-135 Camera: Pentax K5 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: bobell69, 09-01-2011, 07:30 PM

Last month, our Camera Club (Comox Valley Camera Club) toured a number of farms where original Garry Oaks have been preserved. The Comox Valley is the northernmost location in North America for Garry Oaks. Garry Oaks are located along a thin geographic band along the west coast from Northern California to Mid way up Vancouver Island, where I am located. This Oak stands in a field of rye. Much of it's natural echo system has been destroyed by close cultivation. Still the majesty of this tree stands out for all passers by to see.

To capture the image I waited until the sun set directly behind it. I bracketed a number of my shots and this one stood out. The tree cast a shadow that stretched out behind me for hundreds of feet.

Attached Images

Views: 954

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, club, garry, oak, oaks, tree, valley