Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hey! That's my Spot!
Contest Number: 66 Contest Theme: Birds Lens: Tou - Five Star 200mm F4 Camera: Pentax K-5 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: jase036, 02-08-2012, 08:52 PM

While taking photos in the early morning in Cachamay Park in Venezuela, I noticed a beautiful bird (Pilherodius pileatus) basking in the morning rays perched atop a dead tree, when I noticed the much bigger bird (Ardea cocoi) coming in at top speed, I realized the large bird was headed straight for the same branch and managed to focus (it's a manual focus lens and it was hard to track the motion of the fast flying bird) and fired off a burst. As the larger bird came close the smaller one it decided it would be in it's best interest to leave and took off in a steep nose dive just as the large bird came in to land on the perch.

Cropped and processed in LR 3, then Photoshop CS5 for final adjustments and sharpening.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 579

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bird, focus, morning