Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Foxy Tuesday
Contest Number: 69 Contest Theme: Night Scene Lens: SMC Takumar 55mm F1.8 Camera: Pentax KX Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Hello_Photo, 05-18-2012, 08:38 AM

I drove past this scene several times on my way home from my Tuesday night volleyball league. It brought back some good memories from my own university days. On the night I finally brought my camera, there was no one out front. I set-up my camera and tripod, mostly out of stubbornness, and resolved to take a shot of the building by itself. As I was doing this, a bus stopped next to me, and dropped off about 2 dozen students, who marched across the street and waited patiently to enter this pub. At that point, all I had to do was focus, compose, and time the shutter release on bulb for 8-10 seconds) to coincide with the breaks in traffic. Of the 4 frames I took, I liked this one the best, because of the slight motion-blur in the line-up and the manager counting his catch. Also, I found out why this line-up always appears on Tuesday nights when I was post-processing this image: The sign to the right of the front door (under the light) describes the pub's "Foxy Tuesday" specials, hence the name.

Photo Geek-Speak:
Film: Fuji Neopan Acros 100
Developer: Rodinal 3.6mL:400mL water, stand developed for 1 hour
Scanner: Epson Perfection v600
PP: Lightroom and PSE 9 (large radius unsharp mask, enhance sharpness and curves adjustments)

Attached Images

Views: 601