Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Shadows and illusions
Contest Number: 70 Contest Theme: Shadows Lens: Olympus 12-60 F2.8-4.0 Camera: Olympus E-3 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: bcives, 06-02-2012, 09:55 PM

This shadow can be seen as either an upside down view of the sunglasses from the same side or as a view from the other side of the lenses (if you think about it, it will pop into view either way you wish it to). If the tabletop were a mirror, we would see yet a different image, not at all the same as the shadow. In addition, one can see two small bright spots on the tabletop image of the sunglasses, which presumable represent the point source of light, the sun. Now, are those spots actually on the tabletop as the light passes through the lenses, or are they reflections off the virtual image of the lenses as seen from the other side?

As you can see, my cat Zoe is oblivious to all this.
Views: 608
06-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #2

Original Poster
photo submission to June contest

Name:  Sunglasses & Zoe_2296447_1MB.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  84.6 KB

Here is the image.
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo needs to be taken with a Pentax, FYI. Shoot me a PM if/when you update your photo so I can change the metadata as well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #4

Original Poster
Somehow I didn't know that the submissions had to use Pentax cameras. I should have guessed, but maybe there is a way for you to make that more obvious when someone is making a submission.

I had a Pentax Spotmatic long ago, my first SLR, and then a well-loved Pentax MX after that, both, as you surely know, film cameras. Then I had a Contax Aria, which I loved, with several Zeiss lenses.

All of that was stolen in a burglary, and I decided to go digital, and I chose to go with Olympus, buying their E-1. Now I am using the Olympus E-3.

So the only Pentax photos I could submit would have to be film-scanned old transparencies and negatives. Would those qualify?

Thanks,
Berry

06-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Berry,

Yes, for our photo contests that would be correct. However, almost anywhere else on the site you're welcome to post photos taken with any camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: