Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Destiny USA
Contest Number: 80 Contest Theme: Rain Lens: Sigma 15mm FE Camera: K20d Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: primo, 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM

I submitted this photo in the Rain Contest because in my opinion, rain was the it's greatest enhancement. Despite the Redfield/Fractalius effect on the lights and sky, I felt the 30 second exposure at f16 gives the photo the ultimate pop and grandioso effect due to the reflections of the lights off the rain saturated asphalt and concrete from the passing by vehicles and city lights. The subject that lies between the reflections and the fractalius effect is the recently upgraded "Destiny USA, previously known as the Carousel Center from 1990-2012, is a six-story super-regional shopping and entertainment complex on the shore of Onondaga Lake in Syracuse, New York. It is the sixth largest shopping center in the nation, and the largest in the state of New York (Wikipedia)."

Last edited by primo; 04-30-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot to add photo
Views: 1,209
04-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #2

Original Poster
I submitted this photo in the Rain Contest because in my opinion, rain was the it's greatest enhancement. Despite the Redfield/Fractalius effect on the lights and sky, I felt the 30 second exposure at f16 gives the photo the ultimate pop and grandioso effect due to the reflections of the lights off the rain saturated asphalt and concrete from the passing by vehicles and city lights. The subject that lies between the reflections and the fractalius effect is the recently upgraded "Destiny USA, previously known as the Carousel Center from 1990-2012, is a six-story super-regional shopping and entertainment complex on the shore of Onondaga Lake in Syracuse, New York. It is the sixth largest shopping center in the nation, and the largest in the state of New York (Wikipedia)."
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by primo; 04-30-2013 at 10:40 PM.