Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Night sky over Shark Bay (WA, Aus)
Contest Number: 86 Contest Theme: Astrophotography Lens: 15mm f4 ltd Camera: Pentax K-5 IIs Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: asgr, 10-04-2013, 08:26 PM

This photo was taken in Shark Bay WA Australia earlier this year. My day job is as a professional astronomer (Aaron Robotham | The University of Western Australia - Academia.edu), but I'd still rate this place as just about the darkest site I've ever been to- it's truly 100s km from any large settlement. The foreground lights are beacons around a remote communication pylon, you'd only have to walk a few hundred metres away to have an uninterrupted dark sky all the way to the horizon.

I've recently bought a Pentax Astro-Tracer unit, so I'm looking forward to getting some new astroshots when I next get the chance to get out of Perth.

Cheers,

Aaron

Name:  ASGRastro.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  75.5 KB

Views: 718

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aaron, australia, bay, night sky, shark, sky, wa