Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
One of my favourite 2013 Kingfisher shots
Contest Number: 89 Contest Theme: Best of 2013 Lens: DA*300mm Camera: K5IIs Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: eenymac, 01-03-2014, 08:01 AM

I spent many hours staking out a particular spot and the patience finally paid off. In the space of about an hour on a cold and frosty, yet bright morning, I'd clocked up my best ever Kingfisher shots and went home very happy indeed.

This is one from the series as it posed in front of me. Other photographers further along the bank were not so lucky, having hauled along some very expensive bodies and even more expensive big lenses and tripods, while I sat unseen with the K5IIs with the DA*300mm and AFA 1.7x TC, handheld too rather than lug the tripod down through the undergrowth. I think the IQ is every bit as good with this combo, in good light, as anything the other system users are getting having looked at the work of others.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 493

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
contest, favourite 2013 kingfisher, kingfisher, photo, shots