Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pipe dreams!
Contest Number: 89 Contest Theme: Best of 2013 Lens: Pentax 200mm f4 Camera: Pentax K10D Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Asama, 01-07-2014, 12:59 PM

We took two weeks off from Johannesburg & headed for the coast & Durban, South Africa for Christmas.

It's a great place to surf, but as there was no back line wave I hunted down the coast for a good shore break.
We found this spot breaking a mere 20 odd metres from the shore, & my teenagers opted for the Body boards.
Whilst the waves were very hollow they were riding with a mere 700mm of water between them & the sand.
Really intense stuff! ( Look at the sand swirling in the water at the base of the wave).

This allowed me to hand hold my 200mm Telephoto & get great close up whilst standing only ankle deep.
The tide was coming in over a sand bank, epic conditions for hollow waves.

Check out the thickness of that lip!

Last edited by Asama; 01-07-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Views: 446

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
coast, contest, photo, shore