Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Contest #92 - April, 2014 (Spring Colors)
Contest Number: 92 Contest Theme: Spring Colors 
Posted By: Adam, 04-02-2014, 07:35 PM

The theme for our official photo contest for April, 2014 is:

Spring Colors

Show us those beautiful springtime colors!
Click to Submit a Photo

Remember: your submission must be taken with a Pentax or a Ricoh camera and be scaled to no larger than 1280x1024px! After clicking on the link above attach your photo using our attachment system (preferred) or link to an external image. 1 submission per person.

And don't forget to vote for last month's winners!

Prizes:

1st place: $50 B&H gift card; 2nd place:
$50 B&H gift card; 3rd place: 50 sheets of premium photo paper from Red River Paper.

Links:

Information

Click here to submit! Limit one photo per user. Good luck to all participants! If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading rules and procedures as linked above.

*As always:

• Start a single thread containing the photo (attached or embedded) you'd like to submit in our submission forum.
  • Do not add your submission as a reply to this thread
  • One photo per user. Please post only one submission thread. Our automated system only checks the latest post within your first thread, so if you are updating your entry, please do so in a reply or make an edit to your original post rather than starting a new thread
  • Photo must be between 300x300 and 1280x1024 pixels, and smaller than 1Mb
  • We prefer that your photos are submitted as attachments - they load faster, and guarantee that you don't exceed limits
Click here to Submit a Photo. Don't post submissions in this thread! (but feel free to ask questions)

Views: 8,413
04-03-2014, 03:44 AM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Our spring colours here are white on white. Would it be possible to get a 3 or 4 month extension on this contest we are digging out from a blizzard that closed down businesses, highways and schools?
04-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpaulb Quote
Our spring colours here are white on white. Would it be possible to get a 3 or 4 month extension on this contest we are digging out from a blizzard that closed down businesses, highways and schools?
You expect to still have snow on the ground in July?
04-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #4

Well, there's always Peggy's Cove....

04-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I think you can also submit a photo you took last season or some other time?
04-03-2014, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #6

Photos: Albums
This is so exclusive to Southern Hemisphere people...
04-03-2014, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
You expect to still have snow on the ground in July?
Nothing weather wise would surprise me right now
04-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If you can't find spring colors outside, perhaps you can elsewhere! This contest isn't limited to nature photos. Also, it's 100% permissible to submit photos from your archives.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It is autumn in this part of the world.
04-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The theme for our official photo contest for April, 2014 is:

Spring Colors

Show us those beautiful springtime colors!
Click to Submit a Photo

Remember: your submission must be taken with a Pentax or a Ricoh camera and be scaled to no larger than 1280x1024px! After clicking on the link above attach your photo using our attachment system (preferred) or link to an external image. 1 submission per person.

And don't forget to vote for last month's winners!

Prizes:

1st place: $50 B&H gift card; 2nd place:
$50 B&H gift card; 3rd place: 50 sheets of premium photo paper from Red River Paper.

Links:

Information

Click here to submit! Limit one photo per user. Good luck to all participants! If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading rules and procedures as linked above.

*As always:

• Start a single thread containing the photo (attached or embedded) you'd like to submit in our submission forum.
  • Do not add your submission as a reply to this thread
  • One photo per user. Please post only one submission thread. Our automated system only checks the latest post within your first thread, so if you are updating your entry, please do so in a reply or make an edit to your original post rather than starting a new thread
  • Photo must be between 300x300 and 1280x1024 pixels, and smaller than 1Mb
  • We prefer that your photos are submitted as attachments - they load faster, and guarantee that you don't exceed limits
Click here to Submit a Photo. Don't post submissions in this thread! (but feel free to ask questions)
I'm having trouble submitting a photo for the contest. I uploaded it (2x), but cannot figure out how to post it to my original submission where I forgot to embed or attach it.
04-04-2014, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Okay, so a six month old photo then,.. as, like others said, Autumn.

Or, colour grade and see if anyone notices.....
04-04-2014, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

lol why so many complaints?
Adam said it can be:
a) old photos from past spring
b) doesn't have to be nature photo. Can be a photo of a model in a studio with spring colour dress and makeup. Can be products. A flower in a greenhouse. Colours in a kaleidoscope. City murals.
c) post processing can turn many different nature photos taken in different climates/seasons fit the "spring colours" theme

Spring colours doesn't mean it has to be taken outside during spring. Keep in mind that I have spring over here, but the weather is terrible. Should I complain "herp derp this theme is only for people who have sunshine this month"? You can be creative and do something - it is a challenge after-all. Or, you can find an older photo that fits the theme (unless you are one year old and havent experienced spring before). Or, you can skip this one, there is no penalty for not taking part..
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
It is autumn in this part of the world.
QuoteOriginally posted by Falke Quote
This is so exclusive to Southern Hemisphere people...
Our spring colours here are white on white.
04-04-2014, 06:40 AM   #13
Forum Member

Rules of the competition

Someone please let me know if I made a mistake. I did not see in the rules that the photo is required to be taken within certain dates. If this is part of the challenge, it would be nice to know.
04-04-2014, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
lol why so many complaints?
People here in the northern part of the US (myself included) are just cranky due to the long and miserable winter. Still not a sign of green here in Chicago. The spring theme is just an opportunity to vent
04-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NancyK Quote
Someone please let me know if I made a mistake. I did not see in the rules that the photo is required to be taken within certain dates. If this is part of the challenge, it would be nice to know.
There's no such requirement. Also long as it's taken with a Pentax, any time is fine

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Closed Thread