Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Changing her shoes
Contest Number: 119 Contest Theme: Weather Lens: Sigma 30mm Camera: Pentax K-5 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: Dan R, 01-10-2015, 10:33 AM

Performer Lila Angelique changing her shoes between sets.

Views: 974
02-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dedicated dancer

I like this one since it seems so real life.
02-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #3

Great shot! Nominated.
02-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #4

Phenomenal moment -- I nominate this photograph! A wonderful reference to Degas' dancers with a contemporary twist and filled with so many elegant nuances that transform the ordinary functional action of changing shoes into a "dance." The shapes of her intertwining hands and feet, which seem impossible to have captured, relate to the woven designs of the sandals. The rhythms of the pinks and metallic colors are musical and lyric, while the diagonals created by the arms, legs, and violin strings reflect the lines in the floor tiles behind her in percussive beats. The entire composition is filled with triangles of varying sizes which makes the eye travel around continuously. Her gaze is so intimate -- I feel as if I'm sitting down with her in the space, and yet the image is almost hyper-real because of the way she glows against the darkness which is extremely theatrical. And the contrast of her summer-like costume with touches of fallen leaves is a lovely and unique expression of the seasons in transition. What I also love about this photograph is that it makes me think about my own everyday movements in a new way and so I feel changed by it beyond its obvious aesthetic beauty.

02-08-2015, 06:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nominated!