Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Succeeded to snap a Amanita muscaria.
Contest Number: 101 Contest Theme: Best of 2014 Lens: DA L 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Camera: Pentax K-500 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Leontien, 01-23-2015, 03:29 PM

At the end of August I finally bought my very first DSLR. My budget and reading very many reviews made me purchase a Pentax K-500. I rather would have bought the weatherproof K-50, but it was a little too expensive for me. So this contest is my chance! Although I know the competition is killing with all these great photographers I see around here. But it doesn't matter, I like to show one of my best pictures anyhow.

I posted on FB the four photos I like best, and however a lake surrounded with trees in beautiful autumn colours and a gorgous light won, I decided to post the photo of the mushroom I made on that very same day. It may not be that spectacular as the one of the lake and tress, but I really do like this photo and think it's more unique.

I made the photo on december 10th around 8.45 AM, right after I brought my daughter to school. I especially took my camera with me that day because my husband had told me that several Amanita muscaria were growing between the road and the bike path. Every year in autumn it is my goal to shoot at least one photo of this mushroom species. This is that photo of 2014. Success that day!

I remove a little bit of the top of the photo, because it showed an ugly concrete beam, but other than that the photo is unedited.
Shutter speed 1/100, aperture F8, iso 1600.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-500  Photo 

Views: 794
02-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #2

Nice!
02-12-2015, 12:46 AM   #3

Great Picture!