Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Portrait of a Friend
Contest Number: 101 Contest Theme: Best of 2014 Lens: Cosinon-S f/2 50mm Camera: K10D Shutter Speed: 1/200s 
Posted By: plantlife, 01-29-2015, 12:09 AM

My friend was visiting this past summer for another friend's birthday. I had asked my friend if I could take some photos of her and she had already agreed but I didn't know when or how. I was lying down on the couch and my two friend's (including the one pictured) were in the other room by the window just talking and that's when it hit me! I drove home and brought back my camera (took me about less than 20 minutes driving) and proceeded to set up. My "setup" was nothing more than my car's front windshield sun shade used as a reflector for the window light and our other friend lending her hand by holding it for me. This was the photo I had in mind when it came to me to use the window for lighting. I knew once I took it that it was the one.

Looking back, I think this is my best photo of 2014. For overall pose and presentation, but also for achieving what I set out to do and making what I had in mind be tangible in some way.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 575