Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WEEE man
Contest Number: 108 Contest Theme: Junk Lens: DA* 60-250 Camera: K3 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: Robiron98, 08-10-2015, 03:12 PM

WEEE man made from waste electrical items.Eden Project, Cornwall, UK

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 998
09-01-2015, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Great Imagination

Love the composition Pentax Model (K-3) and a SUPER Pentax lens. Awesome shot.
09-03-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
Site Supporter

I may prefer a vertical as opposed to a horizontal composition. But either way, this eerie photo speaks to me. NOMINATE
09-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jackinkc Quote
I may prefer a vertical as opposed to a horizontal composition. But either way, this eerie photo speaks to me. NOMINATE
Thank you. I had submitted the picture as a vertical, but for whatever reason, it uploaded as it is! Seems to work though.

09-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Robiron98 Quote
Thank you. I had submitted the picture as a vertical, but for whatever reason, it uploaded as it is! Seems to work though.
I really believe automatic changes of this kind are caused by weevils. I cannot get your photo out of my mind. What IS it?
09-06-2015, 04:21 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
WEEE man - what it is

It is a statue of a 'person' made completely from components from discarded waste electrical equipment... hence the name WEEE man after the European legislation regarding disposal of electrical items (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
09-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Junk recycled into art, and an eerie piece at that. Cool! Nominated.

09-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Robiron98 Quote
It is a statue of a 'person' made completely from components from discarded waste electrical equipment... hence the name WEEE man after the European legislation regarding disposal of electrical items (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
What a great idea. This seems about the ultimate in recycling.

I used to work for a local school district - one of my responsibilities was getting rid of old textbooks. I struck a deal with a Mississippi pecan grower and hog farmer. He came to Kansas City and loaded two semi trailers with old books. He took these to Mississippi and sorted through the mess to find what he might be able to sell. Then he chopped off the covers and spines and burned these. After this he sold the paper to a recycling firm. He wasn't done yet. After all this he scattered the ashes from the backs in among his pecan trees. Then he turned his hogs into the area and they trampled the ashes into the ground. The carbon was excellent for the trees.