Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Colorful city: Venlo, Netherlands.
Contest Number: 109 Contest Theme: Night Time is the Right Time Lens: Pentax DA 55-300mm Camera: Pentax K10D Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: HanSch, 09-06-2015, 04:00 AM

The street along the river Meuse was lit by various flood lights as part of an artist's project. The semi-transparent portraits in the foreground are an artistic protest: they form an alternative for the concrete walls that were planned to keep the water out of the city in case of high water, that occasionnally causes inundations in the city. The portraits have long been removed, the concrete walls have been realized.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 937
10-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great colours. But i'm having a hard time to figure it out where these people came from??
10-12-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by simone Quote
Great colours. But i'm having a hard time to figure it out where these people came from??
@Simone:
I'm not sure what you mean.... The portraits with people were printed on transparent boards and placed on the river border, opposite to the city. So you're more or less looking through the portraits to the city at the other side of the river.
10-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HanSch Quote
@Simone:
I'm not sure what you mean.... The portraits with people were printed on transparent boards and placed on the river border, opposite to the city. So you're more or less looking through the portraits to the city at the other side of the river.
Thanks. now i understand where the people came from