Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
"Dad, did you get that?"
Contest Number: 111 Contest Theme: Motion Lens: Pentax DA* 300 mm Camera: Pentax K-5 IIs Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Suhail, 11-10-2015, 08:27 PM

My brother and I were at Meadowvale Conservation Park and seeing that there was no park management personnel around, we let our Great White Kuvasz - full name Mount Godwin Austen K2, go leash free. This was in January 2015. The boy went crazy, playing in the snow, running on the ground and on the frozen Credit River. He had a blast! Here is one shot that I took when he zoomed fly pass me, seemingly asking me if I got the shot.

The second shot (without leash) is a tweaked version published in the 'Kuvasz Coffee Table Book'.

The speed of my dog has pleasantly surprised many greyhound owners.

Just to let all of you know, I take pictures on the go, i.e. with narrow window for planning a shot - hiking with K2, seeing, pointing and shooting. No post-shoot processing. K-5 II s with Pentax DA* 300 mm, Pentax K-S2 with D FA 100mm macro, and K-50/K-r with Pentax 18-135 mm wr.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 1,360
12-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
jackinkc's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 118
I feel I know this guy!
12-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 22
nice shot
12-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Suhail's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mississauga
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 265
Original Poster
Thank you, jackinkc and kbear :-)

12-02-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Site Supporter
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 31,578
He definitely has that urban dog let off leash look. We rescued a border collie with a bad heart a number of years ago, after being kept in an apartment her first year of life she came to us.... I still remember her first day off leash. She never got over the joy of a good run.


Last edited by normhead; 12-04-2015 at 06:35 PM.
12-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Suhail's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mississauga
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 265
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
He definite;y has that urban dog let off leash look. We rescued a border collie with a bad heart a number of years ago, after being kept in an apartment her first year of life she came to us.... I still remember her first day off leash. She never got over the joy of a good run.
Your shot of the border collie is awesome!

Our dog is a hiking dog and accompanies us to all long distance hiking and trekking adventures. His hiking adventures are covered in my blogs too. He is always on the leash as required by municipality rules or else I get fined to a max of $200, which I have seen got slapped on my neighbour who was with me during one of the hikes.

If I let him go off leash, I still keep the leash on him so that if an official sees us I could come up with a good excuse that it was an accidental case lol!

Regards,
12-04-2015, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian
Site Supporter
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 31,578
QuoteOriginally posted by Suhail Quote
Your shot of the border collie is awesome!

Our dog is a hiking dog and accompanies us to all long distance hiking and trekking adventures. His hiking adventures are covered in my blogs too. He is always on the leash as required by municipality rules or else I get fined to a max of $200, which I have seen got slapped on my neighbour who was with me during one of the hikes.

If I let him go off leash, I still keep the leash on him so that if an official sees us I could come up with a good excuse that it was an accidental case lol!

Regards,
Our lot has crown land on 2 sides, and though technically our dogs should been leash, they never are. Our trails avoid ATV roads and skidoo trails where we might encounter other people or dogs, they'd have to follow us through the bush off trail. There's thousands of Sq. Kms of bush around us, and maybe 2 officers who theoretically would patrol it, if they weren't sitting in their offices waiting for the public to call. I've never known them to com e our way without a complaint.
12-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,759
Nominated.

12-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Suhail's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mississauga
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 265
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Nominated.
Thank you for nominating.
12-11-2015, 01:30 AM   #10
Forum Member
HanSolo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Małopolska
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 65
@Suhail
The size of your dog scary me, but his face is so friendly
12-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #11
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Almen
Posts: 17
Nominated. Love the speed. Our Kuvasz Lady Nada is defenitively in love.

12-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Suhail's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mississauga
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 265
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HanSolo Quote
@Suhail
The size of your dog scary me, but his face is so friendly
LOL! He is an embarrassingly over-friendly, but has an independent thinking mind. During my hikes in the night time, I defer many route taking decisions to him.

---------- Post added 12-12-15 at 12:45 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JayKayEm Quote
Nominated. Love the speed. Our Kuvasz Lady Nada is defenitively in love.
And Nada is a beautiful Kuvasz lady, no doubt about it.
12-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,759
QuoteOriginally posted by Suhail Quote
LOL! He is an embarrassingly over-friendly,
I'm one of those people dogs recognize as dedicated ear fondlers. A couple of dogs similar in colour to yours took me on, dragging their owners with them. I said goodbye, and the owners said "If you had kept that up, they would have wanted a full body massage." I love dogs.
12-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Suhail's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mississauga
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 265
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I'm one of those people dogs recognize as dedicated ear fondlers. A couple of dogs similar in colour to yours took me on, dragging their owners with them. I said goodbye, and the owners said "If you had kept that up, they would have wanted a full body massage." I love dogs.
Hahaha. Yes K2 is exactly like that.
12-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #15
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 76
Haha.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
contest, dog action, dog day of winter, k2, kuvasz, lady, leash, love, mm, motion, nada, park, pentax, photo, shot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you ever noticed that the "Dexter" main title... LensBeginner General Talk 6 12-01-2014 01:42 AM
Misc K3 contest Round 2 - "Dad and son" siropdecitron Pentax K-3 Photo Contest 7 07-13-2014 01:41 PM
People "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" K-3 Contest Round 2 "Hot Places" l.cole Pentax K-3 Photo Contest 4 07-13-2014 10:57 AM
Architecture "That scene" that you need to shoot... wullemaha Post Your Photos! 4 03-23-2014 01:51 PM
The "How Did You Do That?" Question benjikan Photographic Technique 10 09-13-2009 04:54 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:36 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top