Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Contest #113 - January, 2016 (Composite - K-50 Prize!)
Posted By: Ole, 01-03-2016, 05:36 AM

The theme for the official Pentax Forums photo contest for January, 2016 is:

Composite

For this month's contest the theme is "Composite". You image must be a composite of two or more exposures, but you are free to select the subject. The final image can be created in-camera (multi-exposure or interval composite) or in post processing as you see fit. Be prepared to explain the steps you took to create the final image.

Note that for the purpose of this contest, HDR photos and stitched panoramas are not going to be considered composites. For your photo to be considered a composite, at least two frames have to overlap in some way, and those frames must differ in terms of composition.

Click here to Submit a Photo

Remember: your submission must be taken with a Pentax camera or a Ricoh digital camera and be scaled to web-friendly resolution. After clicking on the link above attach your photo using our attachment system (preferred) or link to an external image. 1 submission per person.

And don't forget to nominate your favorites from last month

Prizes

1st place: Pentax K-50 DSLR body + homepage feature
2nd place: $50 B&H Photo gift card
3rd place:
1-year premium forum account upgrade
4th place: 50 sheets of premium photo paper from Red River Paper.

LinksInformation

If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading the guidelines below:

Views: 19,410
01-31-2016, 04:53 PM   #46
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tsinik55 Quote
I've submitted my entry about two hours ago, but now I cannot access it.
Could someone tell me, was my entry accepted or not?
It looks like you submitted the post OK, but there is no photo. A photo must be embedded or attached to the post in order for your submission to be complete.

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Hi Adam, I've already submitted an entry, but have since had a better idea. Can I send you my new submission? If not no worries!
Feel free to edit your post at any time until the end of the day today.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-31-2016, 05:02 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It looks like you submitted the post OK, but there is no photo. A photo must be embedded or attached to the post in order for your submission to be complete.

Feel free to edit your post at any time until the end of the day today.
Hey Adam, thanks! I can't seem to find the link to my post right now, perhaps they're hidden once you've submitted? Could you send me a link to it?
02-01-2016, 04:11 AM   #48

Hi Adam, I have submitted an entry, but it seems I'm the only one who participates in this competition ... is that correct?

in this place: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/21-contest-submissions/312909-medieval-exposure.html

(Excuse my English.... )

Greetings!!
02-01-2016, 08:39 AM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Fixed. Uploaded a copy to Imgur just in case.

I do hope that I was in time..

02-01-2016, 11:22 AM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin Burns Quote
Using a process to transform photos from what was captured in a camera either to be closer to what our eyes saw, or to alter the image artistically. There is another contemporary term that is used synonymously with post-processing very frequently. In fact, as of 1992, the verb “photoshop” was formally added to the English dictionary because of how frequently it is used as a term in place of “post-processing”. So here is how Merriam-Webster defines “photoshop”: Words used from another photography web site, Jeff Harmon

So I would figure editing is ok for this contest. As long as all images used are from Pentax cameras and only images with exif info should be used.
Okay, re-posted with just the composite image.
02-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #51
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by oscarpentax Quote
Hi Adam, I have submitted an entry, but it seems I'm the only one who participates in this competition ... is that correct?

in this place: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/21-contest-submissions/312909-medieval-exposure.html

(Excuse my English.... )

Greetings!!
You won't be able to see others' submissions until we announce the February contest.

QuoteOriginally posted by tsinik55 Quote
Fixed. Uploaded a copy to Imgur just in case. I do hope that I was in time..
You're all set!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #52
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Also, everyone, the January contest is now closed to new entries . Submission threads posted after the timestamp of this message will be deleted .

Since we're offering a big prize this time, there will be a two-day grace period (from now until February 3rd) during which you'll have the opportunity to check and optionally modify your submission.

I will be going through all submitted photos and disqualifying those that do not fit the contest theme, or those that do not conform to our regular contest guidelines. If your photo is disqualified, you will have until the 3rd to upload a new entry. Look for a reply to your thread!

At that point, the nomination phase will proceed as usual. Two weeks later, the top 15 photos with the most nominations will be voted upon.

Adam

02-02-2016, 06:21 AM   #53

Since this is my first competition, I feel obligated to ask the "newbie" questions, (plus I don't know). How do I check to see if my entry was disqualified? I tried just looking back to where I asked a question the day after posting my entry. Seeing no image, I clicked on submit a picture, and the system came back, that I had already entered one. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
02-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #54
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by netbadger Quote
Since this is my first competition, I feel obligated to ask the "newbie" questions, (plus I don't know). How do I check to see if my entry was disqualified? I tried just looking back to where I asked a question the day after posting my entry. Seeing no image, I clicked on submit a picture, and the system came back, that I had already entered one. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
You entered correctly (the error message should have included a link to your submission). I also reviewed your submission and it certainly conforms to the contest theme.

The best way to check would be to open up the contest forum and see if your photo is there:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/21-contest-submissions/

Expect the nomination phase to start in two days. Normally we jump right into that phase at the start of a new month, but since we're offering the camera prize this time around, I want to ensure that every photo meets the contest requirements before proceeding.

Adam

02-03-2016, 09:36 AM   #55

On behalf of myself and all the "newbies", Thank You!
02-05-2016, 08:06 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I decided not to enter, as I have no need whatsoever for another DSLR, but judging from the entries my work would have paled in comparison anyway. Some very, very good stuff was entered! I am always impressed by the creativity shown by members of this site.
02-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #57

Hello, I have send a picture for the contest, but dit not receive a confirmitation! How can i be sure that I am "in" .

Greetings Chris