Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Washington State Capitol on a dreary day
Contest Number: 113 Contest Theme: Composite Lens: 18-55 Camera: K-50 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Sk0l, 01-09-2016, 12:34 AM

There were some very dark clouds in patches creating some interesting lighting. I had never tried shooting just black and white on these buildings before - then added the HDR to make it pop.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Views: 557
02-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sk0l Quote
There were some very dark clouds in patches creating some interesting lighting. I had never tried shooting just black and white on these buildings before - then added the HDR to make it pop.
Thanks for entering! For the purpose of this content, HDR images are not considered to be composites. You have the opportunity to replace your submission until February 3rd (simply edit your post). Best of luck in the final stage!

(not a nomination)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-01-2016, 11:11 PM   #3

Original Poster
Sorry about that! I thought I was good with the description of the contest where it said the final image can be created in-camera. Thank you for letting me re-submit, I'll see what I can come up with!

- "The theme for the official Pentax Forums photo contest for January, 2016 is:

Composite

For this month's contest the theme is "Composite". You image must be a composite of two or more exposures, but you are free to select the subject. The final image can be created in-camera (multi-exposure or interval composite) or in post processing as you see fit. Be prepared to explain the steps you took to create the final image.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/18-monthly-photo-contests/310952-theme-contest-113-january-2016-composite-k-50-prize.html#ixzz3yzKWGCV2"
02-02-2016, 01:39 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apologies for the confusion. A few folks asked about these kinds on photos later down in the thread, and we clarified there.

Perhaps next month we'll do a pano contest for all the great ones submitted here!

(not a nomination)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: