Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Composit Eye
Contest Number: 113 Contest Theme: Composite Camera: Optio s10 
Posted By: bobphoenix, 01-18-2016, 10:37 PM

Because this is a composite, listing the lens, shutter speed, ISO and aperture, can not be included in the data list.
However, I took both pictures with a Pentax Optio S1 (16MP) point and shot. For the main body image, the lens was 5mm, shutter speed was 1/40, ISO 400 and aperture was f3.9, both images with available light, both indoors and outdoors.

This composite was made by combining a portrait of a girl that was taken outdoors, (the insert) with a self portrait close-up of my own eye, taken indoors.
The process uses post processing to distort the girl's portrait by making it look like it was taken with an extreme fish eye lens then, copying the iris part of my eye, laying in and rescaling the girls distorted portrait and pasting the color enhanced iris over the portrait... then setting the transparency of the pasted iris image.
The final steps to complete this composite were to trim and blend the layers and then combine all layers to flatten the picture for posting in a JPEG format.

Last edited by bobphoenix; 01-19-2016 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Added phohtometric data.
Views: 358
02-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Why does this picture not show up in the list...?
02-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm seeing it for the first time on the 13th of Feb.
Not a bad effort but you really need to win the new camera.
Also, it is quite easy to keep/add/forge EXIF data in your jpeg images.
Just select the photo you want the data from.
Open it in a simple image editor (something like Apple's "Preview") that does not mess with the EXIF data.
Paste your desired image over the original image.
Save.