Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Contest #116 - April, 2016 (Lamps)
Contest Number: 116 Contest Theme: Lamps 
Posted By: Ole, 04-01-2016, 05:01 PM

The theme for the official Pentax Forums photo contest for April, 2016 is:

Lamps

For this month's contest the theme is "Lamps". Your submission must depict one or more lamps with or without light. The lamp or lamps must be the main subject. Good luck!

Click here to Submit a Photo

Remember: your submission must be taken with a Pentax camera or a Ricoh digital camera and be scaled to web-friendly resolution. After clicking on the link above attach your photo using our attachment system (preferred) or link to an external image. 1 submission per person.

And don't forget to nominate your favorites from last month

Prizes

1st place: $50 B&H gift card + homepage feature
2nd place:
1-year premium forum account upgrade
3rd place: 50 sheets of premium photo paper from Red River Paper.

LinksInformation

If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading the guidelines below:

Views: 4,569
04-04-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apet-Sure, please read the instructions again. Photos for the contest are not to be uploaded in this thread. In big red letters it says:

04-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Apet-Sure, please read the instructions again. Photos for the contest are not to be uploaded in this thread. In big red letters it says:

Very sorry.
04-26-2016, 07:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm having trouble verifying that my submission was successful. I followed the rules and created a thread and posted it but when I follow the directions in this link:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/18-monthly-photo-contests/65-contest-rule...ow-submit.html which say to go to the submissions forum to see if my submission was successful I am not seeing anything there.

Is there any way to verify it was submitted or do I take it on faith?

Thanks in advance.

04-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I'm having trouble verifying that my submission was successful. I followed the rules and created a thread and posted it but when I follow the directions in this link:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/18-monthly-photo-contests/65-contest-rule...ow-submit.html which say to go to the submissions forum to see if my submission was successful I am not seeing anything there.

Is there any way to verify it was submitted or do I take it on faith?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, the way I check is to go up to the drop box on the upper right and click on My Activity. Then chose "My Posts". It should show up in that list if it is there. There are other ways to double check depending on how it was uploaded. Hope this helps.
04-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Hi, the way I check is to go up to the drop box on the upper right and click on My Activity. Then chose "My Posts". It should show up in that list if it is there. There are other ways to double check depending on how it was uploaded. Hope this helps.
Thanks - it's not showing up there. Which begs the question - what went wrong? I filled out the form and submitted my thread - but it just went back to a blank form. Has anyone submitted to this contest today successfully?
04-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Or Click on - My Activity, My threads,it should show there.

04-26-2016, 01:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Thanks - it's not showing up there. Which begs the question - what went wrong? I filled out the form and submitted my thread - but it just went back to a blank form. Has anyone submitted to this contest today successfully?
I am out of ideas. Maybe a pm to Adam or someone can get you some answers.
04-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I feel dumb. I redid it and realized what the problem was. I hadn't entered any text the message was too short. The error was so small I didn't notice it in my hurry. It looked like it had just dumped my effort. Anyway... it's fixed.