Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bastille Day at the Eiffel Tower
Contest Number: 120 Contest Theme: Celebration Lens: SMC Pentax-DA L 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR Camera: K-S2 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: pericombobulation, 08-05-2016, 06:24 AM

As we watched the amazing fireworks display at the Eiffel Tower, we had no idea what was happening a few hundred miles away in Nice. Godspeed to all those who lost their lives that night, and peace and comfort be with their loved ones. Paris was safe, and it was a real blessing to be a part of the celebration.

I managed to catch this shot handheld with the kit DA-L 50-200mm lens on my K-S2.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 

Views: 480
09-02-2016, 02:27 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Nominated!
09-14-2016, 02:41 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I like the addition of lights in the foreground which adds a lot of comparison value and adds to an interesting composition.
09-14-2016, 04:39 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by airjames Quote
I like the addition of lights in the foreground which adds a lot of comparison value and adds to an interesting composition.
Thanks - I could have cropped out the foreground objects (and actually, I have a few good shots without them at all), but for some reason I like them - probably because it reminds me of where we were when the shot was taken. Standing on a bridge over the Seine, with thousands of other people, all enjoying the show. For some reason it seems like a shot of the tower all by itself would be too abstract.