Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Repeating Patterns …On Oh, So Many Levels
Contest Number: 121 Contest Theme: Repeating Patterns Lens: SMC PENTAX-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Camera: Pentax K-3 Shutter Speed: 1/10s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: Logics, 09-02-2016, 03:37 PM

My first thought on this theme, since my logo is my wallpaper, was the pattern of the aperture. I got out my SF-1 (since my K-1000 was stolen) then realising it has no DoF Preview, stared into it and saw the patterned mirror and my logo (out of focus) through the diopter.

I quickly adjusted the diopter to get the logo in focus and knew where I was going from there. This is one exposure with my 4k monitor providing the image through the diopter. Being so dim, I had to use 3200 ISO (to get adequate DoF) but removed noise with wavelets in Darktable.

Opted not to pull out details in the mirror box or body (as it would not add to the story), I did not attempt to illuminate the camera more than the ambient light did. I could have used two tripods, a lower ISO and a faster shutter speed but to align two tripods to a monitor,… I went with hand-held & SR. It was hard enough getting the one camera perfectly aligned.

…And, of course, dropped my watermark in the lower right corner.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 569