Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Enligtened
Contest Number: 124 Contest Theme: Portrait of a Stranger Lens: DA 18-55 Camera: K10d Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Mike L, 12-26-2016, 09:11 PM

I came across this novice monk quietly studying in Ankor Thom near Siem Reap, Cambodia. I held up my camera, he nodded and went back to his study, and I snapped a shot. The blown highlights in this photo convinced me that I needed to start shooting in RAW.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 570
01-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
nominate
01-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #3

Yeah, you do need RAW. Evenso, possible to replace white page with txt and sharpen a little. Nice One.
01-08-2017, 02:20 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by munch008 Quote
nominate
Thanks for the nomination.

QuoteOriginally posted by spitfire Quote
Yeah, you do need RAW. Evenso, possible to replace white page with txt and sharpen a little. Nice One.
I don't think my photoshop skills are good enough to make it look decent but I will definitely do something about the sharpening.

01-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
I came across this novice monk quietly studying in Ankor Thom near Siem Reap, Cambodia. I held up my camera, he nodded and went back to his study, and I snapped a shot. The blown highlights in this photo convinced me that I needed to start shooting in RAW.
Great shot that captures the essence of this person.
01-09-2017, 02:53 AM   #6

Who is a stranger III

Is this guy a stranger? It depends, may be it's me who is stranger for him... But may be he is a stranger because is trying to develops himself, his own personal culture and personality without forgetting thousands of years of cultural heritage.

Quoted

ps: I approve the previous technical suggestion about the correction of the overexposed areas...

Last edited by alverman; 01-09-2017 at 03:01 AM.
01-09-2017, 03:12 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Love the serenity, gets my nomination.
01-09-2017, 06:04 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Ok, this one

01-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent, nominated.
01-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter