Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
End Of The Day Ice Fishing
Contest Number: 125 Contest Theme: Sunrise/Sunset Lens: HD D-FA 24-70mm f2.8 Camera: Pentax K-1 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: Weevil, 01-05-2017, 11:06 PM

This one wasn't planned...
Last weekend, I found a wounded Snow Geese that was roaming around a residential area and I was able to catch it with my bare hands after some efforts...
There is a bird refuge that normally take care of these birds, one of their mission is a professional and compassionate care of injured and orphaned wild birds (lenichoir.org ? lenichoir). The goal is to release the birds in the wild eventually.
So I drove about 1:30hr to bring the bird to that place... Unfortunately, the injuries were to serious, and the Snow Gees wouldn't be able to fly again, so the only solution to relieve the bird was to euthanize the animal...

I felt really sad, so I decided to go out in this area and have a walk in a Park along the Lake. The weather was very nice, and since I often bring my camera with me, I took it and shot a couple photos around since the light was so beautiful.
I saw these people on the lake doing Ice Fishing (an activity that I also enjoy) and caught them with my K-1. The colors were very nice and soft...

So this photo was taken in that context... it's probable that the bird's soul was in the air... who knows?
(I am still a bit overwhelmed with emotion while writing this... )

Hope you like it too!

Pêche blanche en fin de journée / End of The Day Ice Fishing
by Sylvain Cote, sur Flickr
Views: 162