Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Chasing Stars On An Abandoned Bridge
Posted By: Jim Radcliffe, 05-06-2017, 11:37 AM

This shot was taken on an abandoned bridge on Newcastle Highway in west Texas. I discovered this bridge one night on the way back from shooting the Milky Way at Fort Griffin, Texas. The photo is of a friend of mind shooting the Milky Way through the girders of the old bridge. I was walking back from my car and thought the shot of the bridge illuminated by his headlight with the Milky Way in all its glory would make a good photo.

The lens is a legacy lens from the 1980s: SMC Pentax-A f/2.8 28mm I bought the lens a fleamarket for $5.00. What a deal!

Camera used is the Pentax K-1. This was taken during my first outing with the camera. I was not using the Astrotracer feature.

Attached Images

Views: 1,535
06-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Nominate - this is my favorite!!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bridge, camera, contest, k-1, lens, milky way, pentax, photo, shot, texas