Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Emperor gore vidal
Contest Number: 132 Contest Theme: Portrait in Natural Light Lens: smc PENTAX-FA 50mm f/1.4 Camera: K10D Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F2 
Posted By: 3party, 08-09-2017, 10:11 PM

I took this in the courtyard of a "Dutch Merchant's House" (as they are called) in Galle, Southern Sri Lanka.
GORE VIDAL was the guest of honor at "Lunch with Gore Vidal" which took place in that house.
(Note: Yes, that is a room behind him, opening onto courtyard, but he and I are sitting at a table outside, in the courtyard.)

Attached Images

Last edited by 3party; 08-26-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: change photo
Views: 644
09-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 3party Quote
I took this in the courtyard of a "Dutch Merchant's House" (as they are called) in Galle, Southern Sri Lanka.
GORE VIDAL was the guest of honor at "Lunch with Gore Vidal" which took place in that house.
(Note: Yes, that is a room behind him, opening onto courtyard, but he and I are sitting at a table outside, in the courtyard.)
For future reference, contest photos should be submitted as JPEGs as PDFs cannot be displayed inline, so nobody would see your photo in the nominations phase.

I've gone ahead and converted the photo for you

(not a nomination)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Gore Vidal

Thanks for converting my pic, Adam. But it was still not included in the contest entries. Right?

Thank you for your time.

Tony
09-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks for converting my pic, Adam. But it was still not included in the contest entries. Right?

Thank you for your time.

Tony
Now that the photo can be displayed, it will be included on the nominations page automatically- but we will be announcing the finalists in 4 days.

(not a nomination)

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've gone ahead and converted the photo for you.

Adam,
It still isn't posted as a contest entry. Please advise. Thanks.

Tony
09-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Did he have anything interesting to say?
09-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Now that the photo can be displayed, it will be included on the nominations page automatically- but we will be announcing the finalists in 4 days.

(not a nomination)
I understand..but it still wasn't there vwhen I just looked.

09-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I understand..but it still wasn't there vwhen I just looked.
Looks like it's there now!

(not a nomination)

Adam

09-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Did he have anything interesting to say?
He was absolutely fascinating. I talked with him -- just the two of us -- for 30+ minutes, followed by lunch with him. Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the description of our meeting. Spending time in conversation with someone who was hyper-intelligent left my brain tingling afterwards, as if I'd had electro-something treatment.
09-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

He was absolutely fascinating. I talked with him -- just the two of us -- for 30+ minutes, followed by lunch with him. Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the description of our meeting. Spending time in conversation with someone who was hyper-intelligent left my brain tingling afterwards, as if I'd had electro-something treatment.
Sounds very interesting. I'll PM you my e-mail address. I have read all his books - brilliant man.